Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a thread a while back about this but I cant seem to find it anymore....

Post up here if you're interested going to the rigs as a buddy boat this fall/winter. I like to fish out there when the air temps are down, so my favorite Rig season is coming up.

This is intended to either fill boats, or manage a couple boats to get together and go to the rigs. meet up and head SW.....

post the boat, and we can figure it out from there....

25 FT GW CC Fat Jax Twin Yamaha 150's I can tale 4 people on a trip like this....

·
Registered
419 Posts
I would hop onboard and contribute to expense on one of these trips. Don’t think my boat has the legs for it.

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats the range on a trip like this. i got 110gal in the floor just not sure if thats enough at 2.mpg.
most ive ever used was 105 Gallons. 160 round trip, plus another 40 or so to Marlin, Ram Powell, Beer can and nit driving in a straight line. I carry 150 gallons... (this is out of Pensacola Pass)

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I am always willing to hop on a boat and pay my share but conditions i going to have to be about as good as they can get for me to take my boat during the colder months. 24 cape horn twin suzuki 175 148 gallons of fuel

·
Registered
487 Posts
Cheryl Sue is in for a buddy boat. Looking forward to it. Good idea to start the thread

I can take 3-4 others. I usually have the crew but sometimes i fall one or two short. I have most everything we should need as far as tackle.

99 proline 251 walkaround. Single Yamaha 300. 165 gallon fuel tank, I uaually carry 40 gallons in cans around the bow when we take longer trips. Comfortable range of 125-150 max.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've been planning this too. I'm down. I have 210 mile range and i planned on bringing a few extra fuel cans. 2018 21' robalo R200. Probably bring the spear gun too.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have a 300 mile range and am available most weekdays/weekends as well as room for a couple of guys. The tuna bite should start to pickup as the water clears and cools down. I like to fish the drill ships, but will travel to any rig that is holding. Feel free to PM me anytime if you need a ride or buddy boat. :thumbup:

Reactions: etrade92

·
Registered
264 Posts
Michael,
Count me in. The Southern Xposure is the opposite of my boat and quite a fine ride.
P.S. got a couple of Tanacom 1000s now.
Eric

·
Ms Ruth 07 Pursuit 265LS
1,263 Posts
I would be interested as well, keep this thread up to date.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
i love rig trips. i can be on standby if anyone needs a crew. got plenty of gear.
jim even taught me how to gaff:whistling: right jim?

jack

·
Registered
32 Posts
I’m in for a rig trip. I’m in Orange Beach and have a 26’ Sailfish CC with twin Suzuki 200s. Im still learning how to run it well and fish offshore, so I’d certainly welcome anyone with experience in these areas to pitch in!

·
Registered
7 Posts
A buddy and I were just talking about this exact thing. I know we would be down to take one or both of our boats (31 Jupiter and 34 Venture). Usually have a crew, but there are always flakes in the bunch. Thinking a 36hr trip or so? Troll on the way out or just make the run?

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A buddy and I were just talking about this exact thing. I know we would be down to take one or both of our boats (31 Jupiter and 34 Venture). Usually have a crew, but there are always flakes in the bunch. Thinking a 36hr trip or so? Troll on the way out or just make the run?
keep an eye on this thread, or if your going post up. If I could have gotten away Sunday, the pas several days were like glass out there. I'm headingout on a charter tomorrow, but lets keep this alive. when going foth friends, we talk on the radio and let each other know whats goingon at different rigs if in radio contact.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts