Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up the new Riffe dive knife at MBT. It has a locking clip and a safety!! Fritz ordered it for me and I think he got a few extra for the display case... Now if this weather will just cooperate so I can go skull a mean 'ol AJ.

·
Registered
887 Posts
The Riffe Knife doesn't have a "line cutter" persay, but it is sharp enough to cut through just about anything.This knifeis specifically designed for killing fish. I usually carry a Z-knife for line cutting purposes. It looks like a gut hook. It has two finger holes, and a hook with a razor blade in it. They are cheap (around $10-$15), compact, and efficient for cutting line.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah the riffe knives are awesome, I have been meaning to keep one for myself but the darn things sell out so quick when I think I have one someone wants it LOL

Oh well, guess it is like diving after opening a shop can't do much of that any more either :)

I was warned though HA HA, thanks Fritz and Jim :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have that knife and i love it. the first time i used it i was shocked it went in like a hot knife in butter. the only bad thing is wheni pull it out i was in a green cloud instanly if you no what i meen and the cudas were like hey whats going on over there.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is a fine Knife and I was thinking of how easily it skulled my AJ last weekend! hot butter came to mind too!

They even make a small handle version for folks with tiny hands...... :poke roofer..

lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LMAO Derik!!

At least I wasn't callin' anyone a little girl, man... Funny stuff!

Everyone talks trash when we can't get out regular... We all have cabin fever I guess. LOL

According to the Riffe website, all knives are made of 420 stainless steel and teflon coated for corrosion resistance. They still recommend a freshwater bath and silicon after use.

I have the silencer model and love it. It skulls fish great and has the best safety latch to prevent loss.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts