Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up the new Riffe dive knife at MBT. It has a locking clip and a safety!! Fritz ordered it for me and I think he got a few extra for the display case... Now if this weather will just cooperate so I can go skull a mean 'ol AJ.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Reese,

That's real similar to mine, but mine uses a rubber loop to retain it. I saw the clip version, but since I wear mine inverted on my upper arm I was afraid I'd lose it.

Harry

·
Registered
887 Posts
The Riffe Knife doesn't have a "line cutter" persay, but it is sharp enough to cut through just about anything.This knifeis specifically designed for killing fish. I usually carry a Z-knife for line cutting purposes. It looks like a gut hook. It has two finger holes, and a hook with a razor blade in it. They are cheap (around $10-$15), compact, and efficient for cutting line.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I just bought the smaller version. I love it. Dispatched a few sheeps with it last weekend. Works great!

Got it at Bay Breeze.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I've got one of those things, and it kills fish really well. On my list of fish to do in with it are Red Snapper, Cobia, Triggerfish, and Hammerhead. I'm sure you'll enjoy doing in some fish on your own list.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah the riffe knives are awesome, I have been meaning to keep one for myself but the darn things sell out so quick when I think I have one someone wants it LOL

Oh well, guess it is like diving after opening a shop can't do much of that any more either :)

I was warned though HA HA, thanks Fritz and Jim :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
I got the same knife. I think I got the last one the other day at the sell.

I havent used it yet either, we gotta go Reese.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have that knife and i love it. the first time i used it i was shocked it went in like a hot knife in butter. the only bad thing is wheni pull it out i was in a green cloud instanly if you no what i meen and the cudas were like hey whats going on over there.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is a fine Knife and I was thinking of how easily it skulled my AJ last weekend! hot butter came to mind too!

They even make a small handle version for folks with tiny hands...... :poke roofer..

lol

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Sweet knife!

"tiny hands" LOL

Your just a big boy reese. Clay would hold your finger like a 4 year old girl holding her daddy's.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LMAO Derik!!

At least I wasn't callin' anyone a little girl, man... Funny stuff!

Everyone talks trash when we can't get out regular... We all have cabin fever I guess. LOL

According to the Riffe website, all knives are made of 420 stainless steel and teflon coated for corrosion resistance. They still recommend a freshwater bath and silicon after use.

I have the silencer model and love it. It skulls fish great and has the best safety latch to prevent loss.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
It's all with love.

Yes tho we need to go out regular now tho.

Shark tourney then every other weekend should be good with us. Reese, you are always welcome on my boat.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts