Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone caught any Ribbon Fish this year yet? I'm trying to find out if they have started running at night so I can get my favorite King bait. Thanks in advance for anyone replying to this post. Bill

·
Registered
614 Posts
I was just thinking about this the other day. I haven't seen ribbon fish in a long time. We used to get in them, and see how far from the boat we could hook into one. Fun times, but long ago. Best spot we had was around the bridge going to n.a.s.

·
Registered
397 Posts
People in korea pay some good money for belt fish, I know here if I go to a korean super market I can see belt fish for up to 12 dollars a pound depending on the quality.

·
Fish Alot Catch None
1,142 Posts
When I was young I used to catch them behind the old thrift store at Hurburt field and the a man in the Air Force would offer us money for the ribbon fish but we would just give them away. He stated that ribbon fish were good to eat.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Dumb question. Why would you want to?
King Mackerel Candy!!!!

Banana Tom caught a mess of them for me one time before a tournament. I think he was fishing 3 mile or Bob Sikes on his house boat when he did it. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts