Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while since I quartered a deer. What do you like to do with the ribs and back?

Thanks, Skip

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
lastcast (2/10/2010)Been a while since I quartered a deer. What do you like to do with the ribs and back?

Thanks, Skip

Cut off front shoulders, then cut out back straps, the inner loin...then cut backbone off and drop into gut bucket then de-done hams while still on the rack and done...should take about 15-30 min...i never gut my deer either

·
Super Moderator
19,823 Posts
fisheye48 (2/10/2010)
lastcast (2/10/2010)Been a while since I quartered a deer. What do you like to do with the ribs and back?

Thanks, Skip

Cut off front shoulders, then cut out back straps, the inner loin...then cut backbone off and drop into gut bucket then de-done hams while still on the rack and done...should take about 15-30 min...i never gut my deer either
You got to kill one to do all that.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
i have a guy at work that has been askin me for deer ribs for the past few months... ive tried them but as stated above, tough with little meat

·
Registered
210 Posts
Feed them to the wild critters. Tried eating them before andcould have scraped enough wax out of my mouth to open a candle shop ;)

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Splittine (2/10/2010)
fisheye48 (2/10/2010)

Thanks, Skip

atleast the ones i kill are with a bow...can you say that?? :banghead

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
fisheye48 (2/10/2010)
Splittine (2/10/2010)
fisheye48 (2/10/2010)

Thanks, Skip

atleast the ones i kill are with a bow...can you say that?? :banghead
oo ooo take me!! take me!!! i wanna sling some rod at a buck... wait did that sound a lil dirty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts