Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had a 24volt 60 Inch shaft on my 21 foot Mako Center Console boat for several years. LOVE it! Customer service is the BOMB! They work with you...Walk you through whatever you may need. Get you parts in a day or 2! Has been a GAME Changer for me, fishing by myself in STRONG currents and Strong winds. Stays put four HOURS! Never ran out of battery either...I would HIGHLY recommend them! All sealed Solid state parts. Pretty easy to deploy.

·
Premium Member
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #64

Man Down Man Down!!!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Ruh Roe

·
Premium Member
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Crossing a boat wake and it deployed. I didn’t have the collar locked . Completely my fault.

Now I have to buy a new trolling motor for a boat I’m selling in 3 months.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Yeah, what Boat-Dude said about selling, inquiring minds want to know. You might want to call Rhodan Monday to see if they an offer a fix. They are great at the tech support game. You call them, and you can talk to one of the real techs there. They have always been able to get me back on the water and any parts, they have fedexed them for free to me. Worth a call before you trash it, at least.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Crossing a boat wake and it deployed. I didn’t have the collar locked . Completely my fault.

You are very fortunate you don't have to patch a hole in the side of the hull. I had a friend have the same thing happen an he wasn't as lucky......

·
Premium Member
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Why are you selling your boat?
Im having Blazer build me a 2400 with the console moved forward. Kinda like the ones the guides out in Texas are using.

Reactions: John B.

·
Premium Member
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #72

Reactions: Catchemall

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,577 Posts
WHOA!, that is pretty cool. Love all that fishing room. You gonna go to the gulf with it sometimes?

·
Premium Member
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
WHOA!, that is pretty cool. Love all that fishing room. You gonna go to the gulf with it sometimes?
No sir. Strictly Fresh water. The boat I have now has never been in saltwater.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Love my 36 volt 84 inch shaft Rhodan. Have it on a Cape Horn 24XS. No problems for the first two years, which is how long the warranty is. They tell you to keep the box and they pay shipping during the warranty period. After about 27 months it started spinning in a circle. I called the service Dept. They sent me a shipping label, told me what parts they needed and how to get them out. I sent them two pieces that they had to reprogram. In less than a week I had the parts back. Motor is running beautifully again. Customer service is awesome! Love not having to throw the anchor. I sat on one spot for three hours with my two kids ,10 and 12 at the time, and was able to help them the whole time. We were in 300’ of water. My buddy showed up in his 24XS, tied up to me and it kept us both on the spot for another hour before we called it quits. Long story short get you one, it’s awesome.

·
Registered
741 Posts

Same happened to me about 6 years ago with my MK. MK guarantees the shaft for life so they covered it. Scared the sh!t out of me when it happened.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
In big water the ride would be considerably different for the skipper. I'd be laying in the stern on a bean bag to even things out.

Reactions: JoeyWelch

·
Premium Member
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Holy deck space, Batman! That is amazing! Does it change the ride of the boat at all?
Im sure it does but being a feshwater boat, I’m hardly ever in bumpy water. I wouldn’t even consider it for a saltwater rig.

Reactions: Catchemall
61 - 80 of 81 Posts