Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Green Eggs And Ham
8,967 Posts
Mine kept cutting off under a load and when I started looking at the cables from the unit to the twist plug the ground was black with corrosion, I started cutting the wire back (not tinned) it was black and brittle. I then went to West Marine and got a replacement wires that was tinned, I replaced both - and + and have not had any problems since.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I believe I wrote above about how I have been struggling to get my Minnkota Terrova to hold spot lock. After several trips to the warranty service center, they sent me a new trolling motor. It’s working!

They replaced the head twice and the circuitboard once. Then they had me try a couple of other things.

I know that we would all wish that we never had a single problem, but I was impressed with the corporate response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I bought the Rhodan about 3 weeks ago and so far so good. The anchor feature is awesome. It holds almost exactly where you hit the button . Crazy close! I had the tracking feature crawling at .4mph the other day dragging baits.

I’ll post another update on it when a little time passes but so far it’s money well spent.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
It’s top secret Charlie.
I’ll pm you a pm and and if said pm is agreeable, we will post an invite for others to pm you or me if they are interested in a pm.

Sound like a plan?

In the AM or PM?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have had an 84”, 36v Rhodan on my 2860 ProKat WalkAround for going on 2 years. Paradise Marine installed 3 lead acid size 31 Interstate batteries and a 3-bank charger where the port fish box would be on the boat. It holds very well in 2 footers, 12 knot winds, and modest current. If the current is really ripping, I leave one motor in gear at idle, and the Rhodan provides the steering with the extra oomph from the outboard. It holds to a smaller point than the iPilot does on my 24’ bay boat. The shaft is long, but the RAM mount holds the head securely.
It truly is a game-changer. I locate fish over structure, drop the Rhodan, and hit hold when the boat is where where I want it. At that point, I can fish, help the grandkids, chum, or whatever, rather than either dealing with an anchor or trying to stay in the vicinity at the helm. When we mark suspended fish, I can tell the grandkids the depth, and they drop with the Tekotas with Line Counters that I had hot-riddled with graphite drags, and it is a ball.

·
Premium Member
9,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
B8E5B5FF-62B6-46A3-B291-0BADB888AA0E.jpg

EFE29EF1-933A-4E14-B0D0-2D2C110ACC1B.jpg

Update. Over the last few trips, the Rhodan has gotten kinda hard to deploy. I put a little vaseline on the lower shaft and slid it through the steering box a couple times. You can deploy it with two fingers now. I’m sure they make some kind of graphite lube that would work better.

Everything still working great besides that. Very happy with this motor.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have had an 84”, 36v Rhodan on my 2860 ProKat WalkAround for going on 2 years. Paradise Marine installed 3 lead acid size 31 Interstate batteries and a 3-bank charger where the port fish box would be on the boat. It holds very well in 2 footers, 12 knot winds, and modest current. If the current is really ripping, I leave one motor in gear at idle, and the Rhodan provides the steering with the extra oomph from the outboard. It holds to a smaller point than the iPilot does on my 24’ bay boat. The shaft is long, but the RAM mount holds the head securely.
It truly is a game-changer. I locate fish over structure, drop the Rhodan, and hit hold when the boat is where where I want it. At that point, I can fish, help the grandkids, chum, or whatever, rather than either dealing with an anchor or trying to stay in the vicinity at the helm. When we mark suspended fish, I can tell the grandkids the depth, and they drop with the Tekotas with Line Counters that I had hot-riddled with graphite drags, and it is a ball.
This. I have tekota 500 line counters and can pin point the depth and get there every time. I had been wondering if anyone else used those reels.

·
Registered
151 Posts
This. I have tekota 500 line counters and can pin point the depth and get there every time. I had been wondering if anyone else used those reels.
Dang, that is probably a secret I should not have posted.
We went out in the ProKat yesterday for the snapper opener. It was far from calm, with 2+ foot waves, wind at an odd angle to the waves, and a decent current. We slogged out to a small structure, found the larger fish suspended in one small area of the small structure. My son deployed the Rhodan, I put us back over the fish with the outbaord, hit the Rhodan remote, and we stayed absolutely locked on until we had caught 25 or so fish to get the six (my grandson was also with us, so it was all legal) we wanted. The larger fish were suspended in a fairly small band of the water column, so getting the bait in that spot was critical to catching decent fish. Without the Rhodan, we could not have to fished that spot - it truly is a game changer. It is a bit louder than the Minnkota on our bay boat, but you could not hear it yesterday over the wind.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts