Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20 Years have gone under the bridge... I will miss the comraderie, the new friends, the exotic port calls BUT I am damn glad to be back in the BEST DAMN COUNTRY in the WORLD. 13 years were in Japan(Yokosuka),four ships USS REEVES CG-24, USS CURTS FFG-38, USS VINCENNES CG-49, and USS MIDWAY CV-41. 10 of those 13 were at sea. Did an Instructor tour at Great Lakes from 93-97, Another in 02-05 at ATG West Pac, and finally Instructor tour at Corry Station. FC stands for Future Civilian... Well enough jaw jackin.....let's go fishin!!!! See Y'all out there...

Tight Lines All,

Rick:usaflag:letsparty

·
Registered
482 Posts
Congratulations Rick. I finished with 21 in the Navy in 1993. Life really begins now. Be sure you get your VA disability claim filed ASAP.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome to the land of the recent military retiree. Just finished nearly 26 years, myself. I did some work with the Navy during the China/Taiwan missle crisis in 1995-96. Were you involved in that?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Congratulations and thanks for the service!! I finished up my Navy career back in 2004 and then went back to work for the Navy as a GS.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Thanks for your service!!!and congrat's on your retirement.....(ENJOY):toastI can't wait for mine...:hoppingmad

·
Registered
251 Posts
Congratulations! I quit after 29 years and really didn't want to, but once I did, I've never regretted it. I loved every bit of it, but it was so easy to slip into doing the things I wanted to do and never had the time to do it. Enjoy..................:clap:bowdown:usaflag

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had already xferred to my first shore command in Great Lakes at that time. Just got ogg USS CURTS FFG-38 though.

·
Registered
511 Posts
:usaflag Congrats Rick!!! Thanks for your service, I'll buy the first :mmmbeer if we cross paths.I will go over 30 yearsin Jan and I'm trying to work my next set of orders.:doh:banghead

·
Registered
100 Posts
Congrats!

I wish i woulda stuck around a little longer, at the time 8 years seemed long enough.....now just about everyday i consider going back, definetly pros and cons either way.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts