1. Johnny B--John Benkenstein.......33.82
2. Walk the Line--Chase Ming...........9.16
3. Gettin Jiggy--Rickey Linton...........7.28

Wahoo Bonus----Cat Daddy.......74.14

Target Weight Bonus----Quietus.....27.52

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Thanks for posting..Its great to see so many 40lb Kings..Im sure that 62 was a stud!..Cat Daddy that wouldnt be Coach Schipman's boat from Day Break would it?

·
Registered
181 Posts
No Cat Daddy is Danny Mathis from Gonzalace, LA. Gonzalace is spelled just like it is right by tate high school not how I spelled it.Big ? is was Lauren Rachou with him? WOW!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Well I am an idiot....Again.

We sucked. We fished hard all day and only caught 1 king. It was only 8 or 10 lbs and we didn't bother to weigh it. Guess we should have.:doh

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Congrats to all of the teams that made the board. Team Hit Man gave it 110% but came up short. I had a lot of fun though. Thanks to Brad and Stacey Sauers,Joe Z, and all of the dock crewfor all of their hard work. Already looking forward to next year!!!! See ya at the Queen of Kings.

·
Registered
358 Posts
brad, hate that you had such crappy weather for the event. i think the captains choice of days format was a big plus, and it looks like there were plenty of good fish weighed. glad as can be it worked out.

congrats to everyone who fished. i understand the fish were a long way from port, and those that made that run had to work for them. hats off you guys for getting it done in these conditions.

cheers.

drew

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Drew Mixon (5/25/2009)brad, hate that you had such crappy weather for the event. i think the captains choice of days format was a big plus, and it looks like there were plenty of good fish weighed. glad as can be it worked out.

congrats to everyone who fished. i understand the fish were a long way from port, and those that made that run had to work for them. hats off you guys for getting it done in these conditions.

cheers.

drew
I'm curious to know where the fish did come from (at least the general area). We fished every rock, rig, and live bottom area I could think of looking for them and they either weren't there or weren't hungry.

Hopefully the forecast will be better for next year. I didn't think the weather was as bad as forecast. We did buck 4 footers for over 3 hours on the ride out, but once we got there, it was plenty fishable. Had a good current / wind situation too so holding the boat in one place took almost no effort. The ride in was actually pleasant (except for the lack of fish in the box.)

I think the tournament was well organized and run. Congats to all that placed. 62lbs. Wow that is a stud.

·
Registered
496 Posts
we went and decided during captains meeting to not fish! maybe next year. sunday ended up looking good (of course) so we went out to see how we would measure up.. well, needless to say no good fish either..

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'm curious to know where the fish did come from (at least the general area). We fished every rock, rig, and live bottom area I could think of looking for them and they either weren't there or weren't hungry.

From Jack Holmes (SKA)<SPAN lang=EN>

"This past weekend David VanLent caught and scaled a 62.74 pound king mackerel in Fourchon waters to win the Pensacola Tournament. Many big wahoo were also caught. "

·
Registered
496 Posts
seacapt (5/26/2009)

"This past weekend David VanLent caught and scaled a 62.74 pound king mackerel in Fourchon waters to win the Pensacola Tournament. Many big wahoo were also caught. "
Where did you find this quote at??

·
Registered
511 Posts
LATERALINE (5/26/2009)
seacapt (5/26/2009)

Where did you find this quote at??
<SPAN lang=EN>

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

SAPELO TOURNAMENT POSTPONED TILL SATURDAY, MAY 30TH.

Due to inclement weather, the 29th Annual Sapelo KMT will be held on Saturday, May 30th (One Day Event). There will be an abbreviated Captains Meeting and Registration on Friday evening at Contentment Bluff Campground. If you didn't get to the meeting this past Friday night you can still register for this exciting event.

JUNE 4TH THRU 6TH:

YAMAHA PROFESSIONAL KINGFISH TOUR & DIVISION 7's KAJUN SPORTSMAN TOURNAMENT. FOURCHON, LOUISIANA.

This past weekend David VanLent caught and scaled a 62.74 pound king mackerel in Fourchon waters to win the Pensacola Tournament. Many big wahoo were also caught. This could be another big fish event you don't want to miss.

June 4-6, 2009

KAJUN SPORTSMAN

Port Fourchon, LA

HQ: Kajun Sportsman

June 4th 7:30pm

Pays 8 places + Class of 23 & Wahoo Bonus

Fish Days: 6/5 6:30am - 6pm, 6/6 6:30am - 5pm

Registration Form <<U><SPAN lang=EN>http://www.fishska.com/forms/09KajunEntry.pdf</U><SPAN lang=EN>>

Info: Anthony Toups 985-396-2727

TWO WAY TOURNAMENT SET FOR JUNE 5TH AND 6TH.

Rick Smith will again host the Two Way tournament for Georgia's Division 4. Don't miss this great event.

June 5-6, 2009

20th ANNUAL TWO WAY SPORTFISHING CLUB'S KINGFISH TOURNAMENT Brunswick, Georgia

One Day Tournament

Capt. Mtg.: June 5th

Tournament HQ: Two-Way Fish Camp

First Place: Pays through 15th place

Info: Rick Smith 912-265-0410

[email protected]

Jack Holmes

[email protected]

·
Registered
57 Posts
What was the pay out? How many boats paid/registered to fish vs how many actually weighed in? We were planning on fishing it, but the weather was just too muchof arisk. Hoping for better forecast for Queen of Kings...

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
Brad has more solid numbers on payout but I think it was 26 or 28 boats in and maybe 15 or so fish. Very tough day for the fishing, not so much for me at the scales.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Payout totalled over $16k. Over $2k went to PACE Center for Girls. We're pushing $3k but the final numbers are still out due to some last minute expenses. 26 teams entered. The payout was based on 70 boats. Of course pictures never seem to do justice. You will be able to see them on www.millerlitemackattack.webs.com soon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts