Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went fishing this past weekend. Ended up limiting out on snapper, with 2 kings and a bonus cobia. After limiting out, we tried a spot we had found last time out that way.

Last time we fished it, we were having trouble getting fish in the boat because of a shark. We ended up hooking him and got him up to the boat... big bull shark. Fast forward to this past trip, we hook that same bull shark again with the hook still in his mouth.

If he is a resident shark, then how do I deal with him? Is there a chance I can fish that spot without him being home, or is he the permanent tax-man for that area?

Untitled copy.jpg

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
According to one of the Shark Week episodes I watched he'll stick around as long as he has food until it runs out, something better comes along or he gets horny! They showed how a big Mako followed a Fad 200+ miles through the Gulf because he found the fish attracted to the Fad easy pickings!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
You fishing a coup off of portofino? We have had the same issue (fished it, then dove it a couple of months later...sharkie still around)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Ive had the same problem with resident sharks.....myself and many people on here have had the same problem with dolphins too......they are so cool to see and interact with until they beg at the back of the boat all day and eat every fish that you catch.....I just move on, they live there not me.

When I used to dive on the three barges the resident turtle would chase and try to attack my friend every time ! it was crazy, he would pass right by me and go after him....omg was it funny !....huge turtle with his mouth open chasing him !

·
Master of Disaster
3,042 Posts
Ive had the same problem with resident sharks.....myself and many people on here have had the same problem with dolphins too......they are so cool to see and interact with until they beg at the back of the boat all day and eat every fish that you catch.....I just move on, they live there not me.

When I used to dive on the three barges the resident turtle would chase and try to attack my friend every time ! it was crazy, he would pass right by me and go after him....omg was it funny !....huge turtle with his mouth open chasing him !
Maybe your dive buddy reminded him of an ex-girlfriend! LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts