Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on doing some fishing in old river from FloraBama back to the east. Do I have to have Alabama and Florida paperwork?

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,434 Posts
I understand the confusion. Ono is alabama land, but on the water you pass the state line at the florabama , so if your fishing toward Ono island land but past the flora bama , are you fishing alabama since your casting toward alabama

·
Registered
183 Posts
I believe it depends on where you launch. If you launch and land in AL you need an Alabama Lic and if you launch and land in FL you need that lic. You follow the slot for that state as well. BUT, I keep both licenses and always follow the higher slot, just in case.

·
Registered
810 Posts
It doesn't matter where you launch from if you are fishing around Ono island you need an Alabama license. I will tell you that if you plan on buying one a year license will be good until 8-31-2016 all license expire on this day not a year from purchase like Florida

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the input guys. We'll be down for a long weekend next weekend and if the surf is to rough I'll be on old river with both. Thanks again.

·
Registered
180 Posts
If you end up fishing Old River put your head on a swivel in regards to boat traffic. I fished there a couple of years ago with friend, we were way to the north side of the main channel and were fishing within casting distance of each other. We had a 28' boat come between us at about 20mph. Scariest thing I've encountered while kayak fishing. The guy did it on purpose since he immediately turned back out into the channel after blasting between us. I guess it was his river.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts