Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Please add a net specific category to the PFF.

• Yes

Votes: 45 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 8.2%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a request for a Netting forum category and before my fellow PFFers reply... that is inshore... please consider this.

Netting is the means of catching fish just like a kayak, spearfishing, gigging, etc. It is not always mullet too. It could be shrimp, crab, bait, sheepshead, etc. All kinds of nets. Look at the regs and you'll be suprised what is legal to catch in a net.

Yes, it will be frequented by mullet fishermen mainly but this is an untapped category of our local fishery that we are losing everyday.

We should document the techniques of net fishing in our area... from mullet to pushing nets over grass for 'free' live bait.

Please consider this.

Please place it on a trial and see what kind of numbers we get.

I could be wrong... but I think this would be a valuable addition to the forum... whether for food or bait.

Increase your stats which means for Ad money for PFF.

Thanks,

Dangermon

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,613 Posts
:yes::yes::yes::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Drift I could teach ya quick for a trip out gigging with ya lol. :whistling:

I guess the mullet fisherman that already throw nets are ones voting against lol.
We're going to have to wait a week or so for the water to clear up...I'll teach ya how to harpoon mullet with a gig...

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Yea drift I got an aunt with MS that loves her some flatties so figured I would give it a go, this will be my first year. Been experimenting with some spots just got a new 50 watt LED floodlight that I am stoked about. I dont plan on running a generator.

Everyone should know how to throw a net. And I think this forum is long overdue in having a cast netting section just for the fact that mullet are so popular in our area, and one of the only areas that eat them in the country. I definitely believe many would benefit.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the support again ya'll.

(I understand those that are against it. No need to post spots but I think people would post 'reports'.

The kayakers have their virtual bar, the offshore guys have their virtual bar, the surf fishermen have their virtual bar, giggers, spearfishermen etc.. cast netters and other 'netters' just want their bar... that's all. A place to chat and discuss centered around one of the most ancient forms of fishing.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I being new to the salt life would love to see this, have been very interested in learning how to use a cast net.
Great idea

1 - 20 of 27 Posts