Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's time to repower and I'm just starting my search. Looking at Suzuki and Yamaha twin 250s. I know it'll cost a fortune... Just wondering what everyone's experiences are with either and recommendations on reputable dealers.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Cant go wrong with either one in my opinion. Suzuki will be cheaper but Yamaha's will have a little better resell. Have been a yamaha guy my whole life until my last 2 boats and they have both had Suzuki's and so far I am very pleased with them. Only thing I can say negative is the suzukis seem to be just a little louder to me but that doesnt bother me.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had Yamahas for the last 20 years and loved them, but as of late it seems Suzuki has made waves in the industry and their pricing is considerably better... Any information on local dealers, good or bad will be much appreciated!

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
The Suzuki will be cheaper......It will be quieter.....It will swing a Bigger prop than a Yamaha....It has lower gearing. I've owned 5 different Suzuki's.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
More torque Zuke
Bigger prop = better hole shots and stay on top at lower RPM
Super quiet, some have troll modes.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
go and talk to different dealers of both and see who you would like to do business with. Either motor will do the job

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I knew both the Yamaha and Suzuki motors would be out a ways but I was told by a dealer today that both were so far out on shipping they couldn't tell you when they may get them in. They suggested looking at Mercury, they can at least get a ship date from them. Any one had an experience with Mercury?

·
Bearded Brotula
12,791 Posts
The newer Mercurys seem to get a lot less hate than the old ones. Joey has one on his boat, maybe he'll chime in.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
it will be worth the wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
My brother has a Merc 200 on his new boat. He loves it.
He is a Crappie fisherman and he goes to LA. And TX. Speck fishing a lot.
He just bought one of these. They are built by the son of Forrest Woods, since Ranger sold.

·
Registered
712 Posts
In my opinion, you should always go with the highest power you can afford. Bigger is better......I’ve owned Yamahas and Suzuki’s both good motors.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm not sure what is really going on in the world right now but I just heard Yamaha outboards are two years out, Suzuki 1.5 to 2 years out and Mercuries are out to April of 2022... Luckily I got mine order in the nick of time and SHOULD have them in late August. Feeling blessed to only be backed up 4 months...

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
I'm not sure what is really going on in the world right now but I just heard Yamaha outboards are two years out, Suzuki 1.5 to 2 years out and Mercuries are out to April of 2022... Luckily I got mine order in the nick of time and SHOULD have them in late August. Feeling blessed to only be backed up 4 months...
What Flavor did you end up buying?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

When I picked my boat up in the spring of 2019, I got the last Yamaha on the dealers lot, and they were unsure of when they would get more. They have been in demand for a good while now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts