Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there have been a lot of supply chain issues over the last couple of years and that's the reason I ask this question. I speaking in hypotheticals here and just wanted some thoughts.

Does anyone know how long it would take to get my boat repowered if I was to put in an order tomorrow. ? I was thinking of repowering my Pro-line 201 WA with a Suzuki 175.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
I am almost certain unless someone has them in stock, you will never get another yamaha. Merc or Zuke are your best bet. Last I checked, 4 months on Zuke

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just repowered my 23 Key Largo with a new 200 Suzuki. Lou's Marine in Gulf Breeze did it for me (they are fantastic by the way.) I was super fortunate when I made the decision and placed the order, Gary at Lou's said he couldn't even promise a delivery date but Suzuki has been coming in around 5 months give or take. Well, he placed the order and 2 weeks later my motor showed up and 2 weeks after that I was on the water! Evidently my order just hit perfectly with what Suzuki had available at the time. Other customers have been waiting for a while. I have been super pleased with Lou's and that Suzuki is so quiet you have a hard time telling if it is running. My boat has a built in bracket which makes motor location a trial and error deal but Lou's stuck with it until it was right. Good luck with whatever you go with but I would give Lou's a shot.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Waited nearly a year for my Yamaha F70. Combination of pandemic, factory shut down, shortage of shipping containers, shortage of dock workers, etc.

My mint 60-hp Mercury is listed for sale in the classifieds, if anyone is in the market in that power range. Shout out to Gulf Breeze Marine Service for rigging the new engine. (y)

Reactions: teachme2

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all for your reply's!!. I was able to do a little bit of calling around today and got some info. Things definitely differ from shop to shop. Like the above said Lou's wouldn't give me an ETA. (That's unfortunate) Because I would love to keep it local, but I just can't operate with no timeline what-so-ever. With the position I'm in I don't mind driving the state if someone can tell when and treat me right... Called Pompano Beach and they gave the best price quote but said it would be Feb. Called New Symrna Beach and they said they could have it done in 3 weeks but it wasn't the exact motor I wanted. Called a place in Tampa and they said that they just got one in (the exact one I wanted) that they had ordered back in Aug. But their price quote was the highest.

I'll make a couple more calls tomorrow and then make a decision.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Try Cotton Country Marine in Jay. My brother got a new suzuki repower and I wanna say it was 2 months wait for the engine. They're also cheaper than a lot of others. Lou's is the oldest suzuki dealer in the area and will probably have the best prices, but a longer wait.

·
"Step Into Liquid"
32 Posts
I'm working on the same thing now with a Proline 240 and a 300 engine. Outboard Specialties says end of February, Lou's says 150-180 days, Pass a Grille says late 2022 and I working on getting others.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
If you get somebody telling you an ETA on a motor, they either 1) have it in stock right now just by dumb luck, or 2) they are probably pulling something out of their ass.

I don't think anybody on this side of the world has any actual idea on any ETA's for motors. Probably going to be a big influx in engine rebuilds rather than repowers probably.

I do build outboards btw.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts