Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
stonecoldshooter
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That 1 foot or less held right up until we cleared the pass. Wind picked up and so did the seas. Not too bad though.

Tug Phillips- vis 15ft. Water temp 70 top to bottom. The snot was top to bottom. Loaded with fish. We killed 2 AJ. 1 was 50lbs. 2 7' sandbar sharks bombed us until we lifted the fish. One followed us all the way to the boat.

·
stonecoldshooter
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry. Forum runner is acting up.

Born Again- vis 12ft. Water temp 68. Same snot and those little jellies were everywhere in the bottom 50fsw. Immediately saw a 6' sandbar shark. STUD Red Snapper on this dive. Tried killing lionfish with my 4' pole spear with a rock tip. I got 4, but man was it funny to watch.

Both dives we saw multiple triggers that were legal. Saw some legal gags, of course they closed 2 days ago. One very nice gag (30+ lbs).

·
stonecoldshooter
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And sorry again. I just checked my computers and water temp was 76 and 75.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Bad vis

Was the vis issue do to silt or just that algee? Sounds like a good day.... Did you say it was 50 ft vis at the born again so it's still hit and miss?

·
stonecoldshooter
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fishing Fish Cod Recreational fishing Fish

This fish was fat as hell.

·
stonecoldshooter
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The vis was crap. Due to silt and algae. Jellies are hit or miss.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.