Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advice on getting a replica mount of a Speckled Trout. Have great pics and measurements so I’m definitely ready to put one on the wall. Read a recent thread about this topic and there wasn’t really anyone specific named, and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction as I don’t have a clue where to start. Plenty of Google results, but was looking for some personal experience in this process. Thanks guys.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,836 Posts
When I showed the wife the pic of the trout on the computer screen, she says "Oh, nice fish."
When I brought home the life size pic, her eyes got real big and said "Thats a BIG fish!"
Size matters. :D

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Kanaka, that does look awesome! Great pic! I’lldefnitely keep that in mind. I will be setting up a display with a couple pictures next to the mount, one holding the fish, and one as she is swimming away in the clear water.

Want the mount so I can give some reference to the size of the fish, as most people have no clue what a huge trout looks like in person. And also because the whole series of events was one of the most memorable catches I’ve ever had.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Ok, I’ll say it, I want to see the pics, how big was she, because I’ve seen you post some toads, this must be a special trout

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,836 Posts
The one good thing about the pic direction is the color corrections/changes to make it pop.
That's a beast fo sure!!! Congrats on the catch.

·
Super Moderator
28,278 Posts
I had a fiberglass mount done by a south FL company...don't remember who but the Taxidermy I used for my last deer will do a fiberglass mount so I think most would....

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Been having issues posting pics here, but I’ll see what I can do. She was 29 3/4” without pinching tail, 16” girth and was just under 9lbs on the Boga, and caught in Pensacola. 3rd biggest trout I’ve caught. The story, for me, was what really made it special though.
So.... tell us the story!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had a fiberglass mount done by a south FL company...don't remember who but the Taxidermy I used for my last deer will do a fiberglass mount so I think most would....
Thanks Jason. I just don’t know who any of the local taxidermist are, and google results only really show the bigger companies. This seems to be a tough topic to get information on. Appreciate the response.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts