Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 23' ProLine and the trim tabs are pretty much shot. It's a 1996 and there's a good bit of corrosion that's eaten up the hydraulic pump. Not sure about the tabs themselves, but I'm looking to replace the whole system. Does anyone know what a reasonable amount should be to have those replaced? I haven't gotten any estimates yet but thought I'd get some opinions and advice before I start talking with mechanics. It's a basic 23' walkaround with a single 225 on a bracket. Rides heavy on the port side so I definitely want to get the system replaced before the season starts back up again.

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,433 Posts
I have a 23' ProLine and the trim tabs are pretty much shot. It's a 1996 and there's a good bit of corrosion that's eaten up the hydraulic pump. Not sure about the tabs themselves, but I'm looking to replace the whole system. Does anyone know what a reasonable amount should be to have those replaced? I haven't gotten any estimates yet but thought I'd get some opinions and advice before I start talking with mechanics. It's a basic 23' walkaround with a single 225 on a bracket. Rides heavy on the port side so I definitely want to get the system replaced before the season starts back up again.
300-400 is what I'm seeing , but I have also seen them much more than that. I had one side go out, so I'm looking at doing the same thing.
I have lenco. And I can replace the electric cylinder on one side for $189 at west marine. I'm hoping I can use the same wiring, and just splice the new wires to the old wires. Seams like a simple repair, if it could go that way.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I'm replacing/upgrading from Bennett ( hydraulic ) to Lenco ( electric ). The Bennetts are slow as molasses. I've had Lenco on my last three boats and there is no comparison.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
It's true....Bennetts move slower than Lenco's, But i never found this to be a problem.

I always Install Bennetts, Because they are THE #1 company in the marine industery for customer service.

Before I get the Lenco crowed jumping in......Bennett caused Lenco's service to have to improve.

You have the opportunity to put bigger tabs and a nicer setup on it now.

I bet it has 12 X 12's on it?

18 X 12 for that boat and a system with EIC.

http://bennetttrimtabs.com/catalog.php?vID=63&catHome=1

A wider tab takes less deflection to accomplish the same reaction....This in turn has less drag....That equates to better fuel mileage . We have proved this with identical boats with different size tabs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts