Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what a joke. I need to redo my driver license this year. I have to come up with a passport or a birth certificate.
I couldn't find birth certificate as it was misplaced. We looked but couldn't find it which made to wife mad because she keeps good records.

I call to ask questions and was told I could get a extension while waiting for new bc so since it was late I decided to go the next day. I am told now I can't get extension because they had expired the day before. Well I just lost it.
I'm told it's a government thing.

I thought I was going to get arrested after telling that if I was illegal from swimming the river I could get anything and this is all a bunch BS.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's has something to do with a gold star they put on them. proof of citizen.
I found my birth certificate and was going today but it's a holiday. I get there tomorrow and told I need to retest because they expired I' really going off and south.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
It's has something to do with a gold star they put on them. proof of citizen.
I found my birth certificate and was going today but it's a holiday. I get there tomorrow and told I need to retest because they expired I' really going off and south.
roll with it, you arent gonna change anything.....

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh I know that but I just going to say what I want anyway. I can't help it. LOL

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well what a joke. I need to redo my driver license this year. I have to come up with a passport or a birth certificate.
I couldn't find birth certificate as it was misplaced. We looked but couldn't find it which made to wife mad because she keeps good records.

I call to ask questions and was told I could get a extension while waiting for new bc so since it was late I decided to go the next day. I am told now I can't get extension because they had expired the day before. Well I just lost it.

I thought I was going to get arrested after telling that if I was illegal from swimming the river I could get anything and this is all a bunch BS.

Renew it online/I had the same problems your having and it worked great (no problems). Florida offers a one-time online convenience renewal for customers. I did this 2 years ago and you don't need a birth certificate, only a Social Security Number is required.
Link; https://www.flhsmv.gov/driver-licen...place-your-florida-driver-license-or-id-card/

·
Registered
2,504 Posts

So, are you saying that you think one should be allowed to get a state issued drivers license w/o proving you were born in the USA?

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,850 Posts
Just remember, it's a national federal mandate for gold star.

Women divorcees who changed last name with marriage need divorce papers on top of what you needed.

·
Registered
14,558 Posts
I renewed mine 7 years ago, got the 8 year license.

Next year I will need to qualify for a gold star. Get your ducks in a row before hand.
It’s an American thing you know

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just remember, it's a national federal mandate for gold star.

Women divorcees who changed last name with marriage need divorce papers on top of what you needed.
I had not heard of the gold star until now.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, are you saying that you think one should be allowed to get a state issued drivers license w/o proving you were born in the USA?
No not at all. I don't think I need to go thur it if I have a legal license and also have had one for 53 yrs.

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,850 Posts
I had not heard of the gold star until now.
Really???

The federal REAL ID Act of 2005 sets new standards for the issuance of driver licenses and ID cards.

The REAL ID Act became effective nationwide on May 11, 2008. Florida began issuing REAL ID compliant credentials after January 1, 2010. The new credentials have a star in the upper right corner of the card, as shown in the sample license example on the right. Florida is a REAL ID compliant state and all Florida licenses should be accepted nationwide.florida driver licensenew driver license front

The Department of Homeland Security announced on December 20, 2013, that enforcement of REAL ID credentials will begin in a measured, fair and responsible way. Floridians will first see enforcement at nuclear power plants and restricted areas of certain federal facilities. Enforcement at airports across the country will not begin until October 1, 2020. The chart below summarizes the four phases of enforcement.

https://www.flhsmv.gov/driver-licenses-id-cards/real-id/

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,697 Posts
Renew it online/I had the same problems your having and it worked great (no problems). Florida offers a one-time online convenience renewal for customers. I did this 2 years ago and you don't need a birth certificate, only a Social Security Number is required.
Link; https://www.flhsmv.gov/driver-licen...place-your-florida-driver-license-or-id-card/
IDK, but when I tried to do mine online (never before), it wouldn't let me because I was due for my "star" license. I guessing there is a mandatory deadline on it ?
And I too misplaced my b.c. (forgot it was in the safe dammit), but went to health dept and paid what I feel was an exorbitant amount of money, but got it the same day.

·
Registered
994 Posts
My wife was adopted but the name on her birth certificate was not charged to show the adoption. We had to have a lawyer straighten it out as she couldn’t get her birth certificate because of the adoption.
She had to have her adoption papers and marriage license on top of the other paper work required to renew her drivers license

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,581 Posts
I agree, it's a PITA.

Might not make much difference with regard to security, but damned if it doesn't piss off ordinary citizens.

I am being sarcastic. I hope it helps with keeping bad guy from getting a drivers license, etc.

I just got the notice too. It'll take a couple weeks to get a copy of my birth certificate from New York for about $50. I should have taken care of the copy my Mom gave me 50 years ago.

I got the notice yesterday. I have till January to get it done.

Jim

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
It's a pita, but if it helps keep illegals from voting, I am willing to tolerate it.

Reactions: Kamac

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I'm going to chime in on this again, and consider this my PSA for the day.

We ALL should have ALL of our records in a safe spot. God only knows when the next hurricane, or a tornado, or something will happen.

Then there's the risk of some type of terrorist attack or some other man-made disaster.

We ALL need to have, at minimum, a small fireproof box with our social security cards, birth certificates, marriage licenses (or divorce decrees), living-will, home-owner's insurance information, vehicle/boat/motorcycle insurance, copies of your driver's license, and whatever else you think you'll need - last year's tax records and a copy of all of my user names and passwords for my banking, investment, and insurance accounts. Keep your kids stuff too - and, when/if they move out get them a fireproof box to keep with them.

Secure it and maintain it (I maintain mine when I do my income taxes every year or if my insurance changes.)

I have something like this that I keep in the big safe:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/SentrySafe...uCO-GyadYo0QTHIC9qhoCp2kQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

When/if we evacuate - this is on the list of things we grab before we go.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
It's a pita, but if it helps keep illegals from voting, I am willing to tolerate it.
Real ID act doesn't have anything to do with voting. It was an act created just for stricter TSA ID when flying. Voter ID does not require a driver license. And likewise Real ID can be had with other forms of ID's not just a driver license.

That little star is just for TSA.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts