Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PFF, for those that may have a place on the bay or river; is there a better way to remove reeds from a shoreline? I am purchasing a bay-side property and the shoreline is thick with reeds. Mine is the only property without a seawall, but I will work on that. For now, I just want to clear the beach/shoreline of reeds.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Do it at night, burn the evidence before dawn, don’t post about it on social media
And certainly don’t say “mine is the only one without a seawall“ along with recently purchased…… Makes it really really hard to figure out which parcel it is…… LOL

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
PFF, for those that may have a place on the bay or river; is there a better way to remove reeds from a shoreline? I am purchasing a bay-side property and the shoreline is thick with reeds. Mine is the only property without a seawall, but I will work on that. For now, I just want to clear the beach/shoreline of reeds.

Thanks in advance!

Ooowh.....you have much to learn grasshopper, I shutter to contemplate the severity of the education that you are about to receive in these matters. :oops:

I'm betting you got a sweet deal on that parcel.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
402 Posts
What ever you do, I would keep it quiet because you may be breaking a million and one environmental laws. No, they don't all make sense. Be careful. Satellite views will be your undoing even in the best of situations. Just remember the coast line is constantly changing it just takes "time". :devilish:

·
Registered
887 Posts
The City of Pensacola took on phragmite reeds several years ago around Bayview Park and Bayfront Parkway. There is a water-safe chemical you can spray on them that works pretty good but like any weed it takes several treatments over time. Good luck, here's a link that might be able to help.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the link FirstCast. I will research before moving forward. My dock/seawall contractor will also have a good bit of knowledge on permits required.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts