Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's,

i got such a great array of answers on the 2420 Blazer thread. I thought I might get some more input..

What are you guy's feelings on remote operated trolling motors compared to standard tiller handle controlled!???

Pro's, con's any opinons welcome!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Brad,

I went to that riptide st mid season last year(after we ditched that motoguide tiller handle POS)and like it very well.

The auto pilot on it is really nice so long as the wind isn't blowing 15+, it overcompensates for the stern being blown around. It's a whole lot easier to stow/deploy too! Mainly I like it because its not in the shop every month getting fixed due to jarring.

Also on a side note minn kota has come out with some gps guided auto pilot system that can be added and stores spots and paths etc., but its extra $$$$.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I've had a minn kota tiller and now have a minn kota copilot/autopilot and I will never go back to a tiller again. Easy to stow, run it from anywhere on the boat. Aim it in a direction and let the autopilot do the work.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
dont know if its true...maybe somebody who has it or knows someone who has it but one of the remote controlled trolling motors with autopilot can interphase with your gps and can take you to waypoints

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fisheye48 (1/24/2010)dont know if its true...maybe somebody who has it or knows someone who has it but one of the remote controlled trolling motors with autopilot can interphase with your gps and can take you to waypoints
yeah they do Jason, it's a new feature for Minn Kota.. It looks pretty awesome. Been reading up on it the last couple weeks. Thats part of the reason I ask this question!!!

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Capt. Brad King (1/24/2010)
fisheye48 (1/24/2010)dont know if its true...maybe somebody who has it or knows someone who has it but one of the remote controlled trolling motors with autopilot can interphase with your gps and can take you to waypoints

yeah they do Jason, it's a new feature for Minn Kota.. It looks pretty awesome. Been reading up on it the last couple weeks. Thats part of the reason I ask this question!!!

if you get it brad let me know how you like it...im ready to get rid of my motorguide

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
just got done looking at it...looks pretty awsome!!! but i wanna see how it works and hold up to daily, charter, and tournament abuse

·
Capt Dickhead
1,225 Posts
Wireless all the way, I got my first one in '03, and will NEVER have a tiller! Especially nice when fishing by myself from the platform!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Got it; Love it! I have used foot control and tiller trolling motors forever. The new Ms Dixie came equipped with the AutoPilot RipTide and I added the remote.I had some difficulty with the gyro board initially but once I got that replaced, it' great. Push button, point, fish, that's it.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I had the riptide wireless with autopilot and it was great. Wireless rocks and the autopilot cuts by 2/3 the time you spend adjusting. Have not tried GPS, but I would think it would be more challenging because typically you are looking to run a shoreline or a rip or something and you don't want to have to put in a bunch of waypoints to follow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts