Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
Looking for some suggestions on where I can have my Remington 1100 cleaned. I'm kinda new to the gun and honestly a bit afraid of taking it all apart. I called a gun shop and was quoted what I considered to be a big number. Almost 100 bucks. any suggestions? It would be great to learn how to do it myself but the first time I would like it done right until I get up to speed.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
$100 is ridiculous. Stay away from that shop.
I don't take mine totally apart but enough to clean everything that needs cleaning.
It's easy (yeh, I know everything is easy if you've done it before) but seriously, just unscrew the forearm knob. Then slide the forearm forward and off. Then take the barrel off by just pulling forward. Be careful not to scratch the gun when doing this.
Clean the barrel as you normally would and clean everything else with solvents and a rag. Then oil with a rag. Or just use Breakfree CLP which cleans and lubes.
You honestly can't screw it up.

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
What ever happened to live and learn??? Take your cell phone and take pictures of every step you take. Unless you got more money than the law allows. Want a real challenge try taking drum breaks apart for the first time. then when you go to the other side it's all reversed.

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
What ever happened to live and learn??? Take your cell phone and take pictures of every step you take. Unless you got more money than the law allows. Want a real challenge try taking drum breaks apart for the first time. then when you go to the other side it's all reversed.
I'm 52 years old, I have lived and learned a few things in my life as I know you have. I guess what holds me back is I haven't shot one of those guns in 20 years or so and don't plan to shoot them anytime in the foreseeable future.

I want to have mine put in a ultrasonic cleaner.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Honestly, it's not hard..........and I am mechanically challenged. (and 61 years old)
I've had mine since 1980 and it still looks new so I must be doing something right.
Ultrasonic cleaners are a pretty new invention so cleaning by hand must work pretty well or there wouldn't be all these old guns in great shape floating around.

·
Registered
303 Posts
My son and I am avid shooters. I have built many guns as a hobby. He was also a gun tech for gander Mtn. in Michigan for 5 years. If you need something Pm me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts