Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK family, I am a stickler about my guns (especially hunting guns). While MOST of ya'll probably know what I'm about to say...it's just a friendly reminder....I was cleaning a few of my pistols and said wait a minute, while I got the house smelled up (sweet smell of solvent and oil! too bad they don't have this in a perfume!) I better clean up my and the kidshunting rifles. Family just remember to clean your bore good and oil it but not that it's dripping out.... Make sure you put a good coat of oil on the exterior metal parts and try not to touch bare metal with your hands and fingers (oils in your skin are corrosive). Some folks like gun socks which are fine...If you store your guns in a closet and not a safe (or if you have room in your safe) store them barrel down. This will keep items from falling/crawling and oils from running down into the receiver/bolt. Those that have optics and have the old bungee on each side scope cover...Keep them off due to the bungee stretching. Instead use a latex glove finger, it stretches and will keep dust off the glass. I clean my glass w/ a Q-Tip and alcohol. Make sure to unload mags or internal mags/receiver tubes so the springs will relax. If you have small kids, throw some gun locks on em unless they are in a safe.

I'm sure I'm probably forgetting a couple things so if ya'll have any tricks or tips...speak up.....:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

Had to edit...I forgot to make sure you release the firing pin so it isn't cocked back until next season......:letsdrink

1 - 2 of 2 Posts