Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
stonecoldshooter
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 38 years old. I feel like (at times) I'm on "the cusp." But... I remember when... an instructor, a boss, or a mentor asked/told you to do something and you just did it!

Is it just me, or is this "question authority with reckless abandon" mentality taking over? I always questioned authority, AFTER I did what the "F" I was told to do (and did it).

I know 38 puts me on the cusp (old enough to know better...).

"Wooden Ships and Iron Men" comes to mind.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Look at kids in the strores these days, how their parents dont make them respect them and it shouldnt surprise you. Thats been going on for years. Im a small business owner and employ about 15 people. Those that question my authority or dont do as theyre asked get the oppurtunity to work someplace else.

·
Registered
4,639 Posts
Think about what public school teachers are dealing with, not only with kids but with their parent's bad behavior. Kids think that they can get a teacher fired just by telling the principal a story that usually had zero merit. I'm seeing this happen more and more. Often their folks go along with the crap. I don't know about you guys but my parents rarely fought battles for me. I was left to problem solve on my own.

·
Fishing Goddess
1,072 Posts
Think about what public school teachers are dealing with, not only with kids but with their parent's bad behavior. Kids think that they can get a teacher fired just by telling the principal a story that usually had zero merit. I'm seeing this happen more and more. Often their folks go along with the crap. I don't know about you guys but my parents rarely fought battles for me. I was left to problem solve on my own.
I am a teacher and you are correct. I teach 8th graders and there is hardly a day that goes by in the school year that I don't have some kid threatening to "get" me fired. The saddest part is the parents of these kids trust everything their child tells them is true no matter how outrageous is is. Some days I just hate to even read my email or check my phone messages. :censored:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts