Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
It is sad he died, but out at 2:00 am and runing from the police can never be a good thing.

I believe there should a curfew for kids, New Orleans has one. A kid under the age of 18 can not be on the streets after 11:00 pm until 6:00 am, Unless attended by a custodial parent.

It would stop of lot of trouble if that was the case around here.

I believe the Officer is NOT at fault.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
THAT is a classic example of why I cancelled my newspaper subscription.

It is 2:00 am

in Brownsville

The Subject is ARMED, he is resisting arrest, and attempting to flee and elude.

I'm glad the LEO didn't get shot.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I guess he should have waited for him to use the gun!!!!:banghead Sorry it happened but IT was Victors fault. Are the police suppose to stop chasing every criminal that runs????? The officer told him to stop!!!! what escalated into the accident from there was due to the suspects actions.

·
Registered
315 Posts
what the hell is wrong with this world? A 17 year old, trespassing on a construction site at 2 am with a loaded gun in his pocket (and extra bullets in the other, just in case), running from the police after being given multiple chances to stop, and we are blaming the cop who I see as having made every effort to avoid problems? People can arm chair quarterback this all they want, but only these trained police understand how fast things move when they are in this situation. Every one knows damn well why he ran - because he was armed.

·
Praedator
9,922 Posts
BananaTom (2/26/2010)It is sad he died, but out at 2:00 am and runing from the police can never be a good thing.

I believe there should a curfew for kids, New Orleans has one. A kid under the age of 18 can not be on the streets after 11:00 pm until 6:00 am, Unless attended by a custodial parent.

It would stop of lot of trouble if that was the case around here.

I believe the Officer is NOT at fault.
There was a curfew for Escambia county. At least there was when I was younger. 16 and under could not be out by themself (without adult at least 21)past 11pm. At 17 you got to be out up to 1am. I guess they either got rid of the curfew or do not enforce it.

But I had a curfew imposed by my parrents that I feared more. More parrents neet to parrent/raise their children right, PERIOD.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
okay, I'm going to get bashed for this.

let me first make my qualifying statment, I support cops, I hate monday morning quarterbacking, and you can't judge a situation by what you know now, but by what the cop knew at the time (and that goes both way, ie gun in the kids pocket).

And I haven't been following this case. Why? because I just assumed it was people mad at cops for doing their job.

But......watching that dash board camera bothers me. he did some very wreckless driving. Most was driving on the wrong side of the road, weaving through parking lots and side walks at a relatively high rate of speed. For what? a suspect on a bike? Seems that was action on his park that endangers the public. You can say there was not traffic and no one walking around in hte parking lots and sidewalks, but again, at the time the officer didn't know. Seems reckless on his park.

But even though I don't agree with the way he handled the chase, don't know if it necassary is what caused him to run over the kid.

·
Registered
93 Posts
lol thats what i'm saying...high rate of speed?!? what 15-20 mph when he stopping and turning so much to chase the perp. I'm sure this officer has a lot more experience than any of us have knowledge with handling of these kind in that neighborhood.The way I look at it, one less personfor us to have to pay for to live in either jail or on the obama plan.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Trophy05 (2/26/2010)Does anybody else notice that what actually happened on video is not the same story the fine witnesses at sluggos gave?
Those people are also too stupid to realize that steen was probably just circling the block picking out one of them to rob with the gun he had in his pocket. I say they make his parents pay for the damage to Ard's car as well as for the man hours it took to investigate this incident. It's sad a life was lost, but better the dirtbag than a good guy:usaflag

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
nextstep (2/26/2010)high rate of speed? he was keeping up with a bicycle.
please, at least use what I stated. "relatively" high rate of speed. Thats pretty fast to be running on sidewalks and through parking lots. He did not have time to properly look in the parking lots before he turned in and drove through them.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Snagged Line (2/26/2010)
choppedliver (2/26/2010)
Trophy05 (2/26/2010)Does anybody else notice that what actually happened on video is not the same story the fine witnesses at sluggos gave?
LOL +1000
Also this fine establishment has been given a Image Makeover to suite the need. It was the Eatery Patrons that gave the accounting, NOT the Nightclub patrons.:doh................
I think I would trust the word of the nightclub patrons more then the eatery ones.There is something a tad off with Veegans.:moon

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
markw4321 (2/26/2010)Yea the clicking sound was officer ard attempting to tase him out the window.

At the time there was no policy in place againstusing a taser out the window.

There was a .308 pistol found invictor steen's pocket closest to where his body could be accessedunder the police crusier.

family and friends say pistol was planted on him...

problem is - there were bullets in another pocket that could not be reached way up under the center of the car.

Either way i am sure the "spin" on this will be the kid just ran from the police cause he is "scared" of the police and he carried a pistol cause he was "scared" too:doh- after all he was in brownsville at 2 a.m. in the morning.

I hope you meant 380 pistol..308 would be one hell of a CCW.

Bottom lineit was a tragic accident that occurred because victortried to run from the police

mark

·
Registered
706 Posts
I also agree, another POS off the streets , also agree with water hazard that parents of outstanding citizen should pay for countless manhours for investigation . Officer Ard should get a settlement for his pain and suffering as well putting up with all the negative media against him and his actions. He probably should of ran him over when he had a clear shot on cervantees. It makes it look bad for him riding up on the sidewalk several times. However good job officer Ard and hope you will get to patrol the streets again to keep trash like that off the streets

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Well the New PNJ, report said that Ard would'nt of been able to stop either way.. Steen hit a Curb and that is what made him fall to the ground....

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
jlw1972 (2/26/2010)

maybe all the patrol cars should start carrying these in the trunk. saves gas to.
That hippo Knows he aint gonna catch that Rabbit! He's just seeing how fast the rabbit can go! When in the wild, You gotta out smart or out run your Predator! We'll go with "B" on the hippo & "A" on the Squad car!

21 - 40 of 46 Posts