Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I got to thinking about the old Sea Hunt series with Lloyd Bridges. I looked on ebay for dvd's, ended up buying 24 hours worth of episodes for less than $8.00 including postage.
It came today! :yes:
Looking at the old diving equipment is almost as interesting as the series!

·
twiceRetired Serve No One
4,331 Posts

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
Heck yes, I remember it. Back when TV was worth watching.
In one of my family's home movies back from when I was a kid, you can see Sea Hunt on the television in the background. (The 23" black and white television).
I wonder why I've never seen the show on TV land? Come to think of it, I've never seen Flipper either.

·
Super Moderator
7,118 Posts
Love it, wish they would put it back on TVland or one of the stations that play the old shows. Flipper and Gentle Ben too.

·
4,331 Posts
a really funny show was Amos 'n' Andy
Kingfish was so cool :thumbsup:

Sanford & Son was in the day when you could be raciest in a fun way both white and black and everybody laugh

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Flipper is on Hulu Plus for 8bucks a month. I'll see if Sea Hunt is....
Dragnet is there.....there is my age hint!
Lassie, Roy Rogers, Bonaza
Funny thing....there all in the FAMILY section!!

No Sea Hunt on Hule, but I see it on Youtube.
Youtube has a bunch of old stuff too as well as Amazon Prime.

·
Super Moderator
7,118 Posts
Searching em all for Gentle Ben. Watched it and Flipper every Saturday morning growing up. Just a young pup, born in the year of our Lord 1975!

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,285 Posts
Flipper, Gentle Ben, Sea Hunt, Ripcord....

Amazing how an almost tamed dolphin, almost tamed bear, diver, or parachuter could solve crimes every week.

The next generation of Lassie...

Loved them all though.

Jim

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
We are all showing our age. I enjoyed and watched all of those too. Sea Hunt made me interested in diving. I pretty much liked all those weekend kid show including Fury and MyFriend Flicka. At 7:30 Saturday mornings I watched Sargeant Preston of the Yukon starring Yukon King. Loved the wolf dog and the mountie always got his man.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,285 Posts
I always confused Fury" with "My Friend Flicka" I liked one (My Friend, Flicka) I think, the other was a bad imitation I always thought. We never got Sargeant Preston down in Florida

To expand on the theme...

Fridays was "Hogan's Heroes"

Sundays was "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom ( Marlin Perkins very matter of factly says, "Jim may need some help"... {as Jim Fowler is wrestling a croc or anaconda single handed}), then when you got a color TV... "Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color"

NOTHING WAS EVER BETTER THAN THIS:

Jim

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,285 Posts
PS... if you go to Disney, make sure you go at least one evening/night, crowds for rides are less, firework shows are great, and GREAT light shows on Cinderella's castle.

I went last summer for 5 days with kids. The BEST time was night time.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
7,118 Posts
Ya made me smile Jim. We always watched The Wild Kingdom! Made me think about what shows we watch now that I have a family.

·
Banned
3,674 Posts
Sorry to interrupt your stroll down memory lane but can anybody work out what kind of boat, that is, they used in that episode '60 Feet Down'.

It's a good looking rig for 1958 but the round portholes are throwing me. Plus, in the end I think you can see the outriggers tied together at the ends?

I also wondered why he had a white wetsuit when all you saw, back then, was black wetsuits. Seems that the producers had some guys paint it grey so that it would look white on film. Good guys didn't wear black, back then. The only time he wore black wetsuits was when he was on a white sand bottom.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,285 Posts
Sorry to interrupt your stroll down memory lane but can anybody work out what kind of boat, that is, they used in that episode '60 Feet Down'. I think it's pilot 2B.

It's a good looking rig for 1958 but the round portholes are throwing me. Plus, in the end I think you can see the outriggers tied together at the ends?

I also wondered why he had a white wetsuit when all you saw, back then, was black wetsuits. Seems that the producers had some guys paint it grey so that it would look white on film. Good guys didn't wear black, back then. The only time he wore black wetsuits was when he was on a white sand bottom.
Can't tell you about the boat. But I'd say sure, in those days the good guy had to show himself by wearing white.

Back in the day, Superman wore Red,white and blue.

Batman was the first "disturbed" Superhero called the "Black Knight", and all about revenge.

Jim

·
4,331 Posts
Sorry to interrupt your stroll down memory lane but can anybody work out what kind of boat, that is, they used in that episode '60 Feet Down'.
that would be a motorboat! :D

Wild Kingdom was great !

I still watch Hogans hero's almost everyday on METV since I do not have cable and Gun Smoke
the first TV show I remember as a kid when we got our 1st TV was gun smoke . we only had 1 channel that would come in grainy in the North Alabama mountains
paladin have gun will travel came on after that.
loved Rawhide , "Death Valley Days" was hosted by Ronald Reagan
Lone Ranger , Roy Rogers

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Searching em all for Gentle Ben. Watched it and Flipper every Saturday morning growing up. Just a young pup, born in the year of our Lord 1975!
Had a Gentle Ben lunchbox in first grade about 1971. Also remember bringing a required "King Edward" Cigar box to school with Elmer's glue and pencils as big around as a shovel handle. Dad didn't smoke so I got a cigar box from a neighbor that did.
O.J. Semmes Elementary on the corner of 12th ave. and Texar Dr. Pensacola and its still there. Whats crazy is I actually walked to school in the first grade about a mile, and had to cross a busy 9th ave and Fairfield Drive. I was 7 years old and that was the norm for kids then! Kids today are a bunch of Pussy's, but it is a lot meaner World I guess.

Running home in time to watch Gilligan's Island after school, Flipper and the little rascals were my favorites.
What was up with that wooden box that made the noise flipper was attracted to that was put down in the water? All of our offshore boats must make the same sound on every snapper spot we fish on now, cause flipper shows up. Guess we should take the "Launch" .............. WTF is a Launch??

If you have never had your Dad cussing and hollering out the window giving you instructions on how to adjust the outside antenna, shouting orders like a drill instructor, you have never lived.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts