Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a couple of octopus rigs (scubapro vintage) at a garage sell. I will have them certified and serviced but I would like to clean them up a bit first. What do ya'll use to soak/wipe them with to remove the green and just polish them up a bit? I am pretty sure it is all stainless and brass, except for the rubber of course.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
They're chrome on brass, and if you clean them up incorrectly they'll be brass on brass. Any shop that does the service correctly will use the correct chemicals in an ultrasonic cleaner and they should be as close to brand new as they can get.
Service isn't going to be cheap. It's not uncommon for garage sale regs to need new hoses, mouthpieces, etc, and the service can easily go over $200 per set - Scubapro is among the most expensive regs to service because their parts are high. If they're old vintage, they may not be able to be serviced at all but don't be afraid to get a second opinion - any shop worth it's salt will give you a free estimate - if they don't, RUN!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts