Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in town for our vacation at our place in Pensacola and am greeted by a failed refrigerator. I need to replace it with a good used one ASAP.

I need a fridge not wider than 35" and not talker than 65". Cream color would be nice but any will do. I'm off Gulf Beach near Sorrento. Deliver would be wonderful but we can pick up locally too.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
check out craigslist pensacola. there's a ton on there from 50 bucks.

jack

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion Jack. Believe me I've tried. Results are bafflingly to me.

I must respond to most all Craigslist listings by email...the sellers respond by text message if they respond at all and then they never provide a link in the text message to the add on Craigslist so there's no way to correlate their responses to the item offered.
Then they don't seem to want to give the price in their text message response despite repeated attempts to ask them to identify the product that they're trying to sell or where it is.

They don't want to tell you that because they're scared I guess. I don't know. Even when you get get to the point where you really think maybe you might have something here that you're interested in you get some kind of a crazy response text message that says "you sound like another spammer" and then they they won't even answer a call to the cell the are texting from.

I think they're convinced you're trying to invade their privacy and get their email address. Lord times have gotten really weird. People are so afraid of each other.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Facebook marketplace like bt said, people are more straight up since it’s attached to their profile. Next would be the sears scratch and dent on Davis hwy. have saved a ton of money on appliances that were scratched or dented where it couldn’t be seen when installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
lobsterguy
800 Posts
CLEC on 98 In either Gulf Breeze or Tiger Point

CLEC has almost every thing. washers dryers fridge. Give em a shot
850 932 8348
right near the Iron Gargoyle

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion Jack. Believe me I've tried. Results are bafflingly to me.

I must respond to most all Craigslist listings by email...the sellers respond by text message if they respond at all and then they never provide a link in the text message to the add on Craigslist so there's no way to correlate their responses to the item offered.
Then they don't seem to want to give the price in their text message response despite repeated attempts to ask them to identify the product that they're trying to sell or where it is.

They don't want to tell you that because they're scared I guess. I don't know. Even when you get get to the point where you really think maybe you might have something here that you're interested in you get some kind of a crazy response text message that says "you sound like another spammer" and then they they won't even answer a call to the cell the are texting from.

I think they're convinced you're trying to invade their privacy and get their email address. Lord times have gotten really weird. People are so afraid of each other.
i feel your pain, dude. i responded to this ad about a kubota belly mower/loader. she only wanter 1k. said it was painful to look at since her dead husband used it. she said she was in kansas but i could work with ebay on the details just send her the money. holy shit what a spammer i got into. i did not reply.

jack

Reactions: Kamac

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I found something suitable and not too far out of line in price from AAA appliance in Pensacola. Delivered, old junk taken away, and it's clean and works.

I'm chillin! 😂

Thanks to all for replying.

Now I only need to find a plumber to install a new 110v water heater in this rat hole mobile home I call my beach hideaway. Friday or better yet Saturday would be great. ANY TAKERS?

·
lobsterguy
800 Posts
Call my Buddy Dan

Dan does plumbing
843 957 5631
he is local but his number is SC
He lives in Navarre

1 - 10 of 10 Posts