Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since i got stationed in the panhandle in 2012, i have only been saltwater fishing...love it, and will always be my favorite type fishing. But with the beach closures and my neighbor getting a kayak recently, we've been wanting to hit the rivers around Crestview. We floated the shoal from hwy 90 to 85 boat ramp yesterday and it was calm except for like 4 holy shit areas that were almost un-navigable...also, we didn't prep well and spent more time paddling to the recover ramp as opposed to fishing. We are gonna hit the yellow and blackwater rivers next, but keeping our range to 4 miles or less. My question is what type lures work best on these rivers? My old roots tell me throw frogs at lily pads in morning/evening and to drop plastic worms in deeper holes...this still sound about right? How about beetle spins for bluegill and small bass? Should we only cast a line in the deeper areas? Thanks in advance...seems like this was much easier as a kid wading the swift creeks/rivers in kentucky and tossing a rooster tail and catching everything haha.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts