Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a rod and reel leave the boat in about 180' and randomly tangle us up about 20 minutes later for retrieval back to the boat. Making the fisherman very happy that he did not have to buy me a new Penn Fathom 30 2 speed. Question is the reel went directly into a hot bath tub for about 2 hours after returning home. Should I have it serviced to clean drag washers and re grease everything now.... if so where should I take it for a quick and efficient turn around? I'm located in Crestview so near Destin or Pensacola mostly.... Opinions and feedback is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
It has to be serviced, the bath did nothing, ask me how I know. Both of the guys above are top notch, one of them fixed my oops good as new.

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,080 Posts
Water has soaked into the bearings. They will have to be opened, cleaned, and serviced. Along with everything else.

Keith Rawson
OCD Reel Service
1311 Soundview Trail
Gulf Breeze, FL

850 712-1650

·
lobsterguy
800 Posts
6000D Baitrunner

Keith, I need a handle for a 6000D Baitrunner. I have been meaning to see if you had one when I was in the area but age prevented me from remembering.
thanks,
Mike
850 483 7736

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,080 Posts
Keith, I need a handle for a 6000D Baitrunner. I have been meaning to see if you had one when I was in the area but age prevented me from remembering.
thanks,
Mike
850 483 7736
I'm almost positive I have one.

·
lobsterguy
800 Posts
I'll swing by within a week or two

Thanks Keith. I'll bring the rod with me. It's attached to the reel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts