Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Reel McCoy off the Hill

5K views 29 replies 22 participants last post by  Boardfeet 
#1 ·
Kenny finally got the Reel McCoy finished and in the water today after a little over a year. It turned out great. Anyone that knows Kenny knows he does things right even if takes a little time.

Attachments

See less See more
#13 ·
biggamefishr (3/8/2010)its good to see her coming along...I caught my first billfish on this boat over 10 years ago, back then she was an old beater that was lucky to hit 12kts with a tailwind. Kennys put a lot of work into her over the years and she looks great
Yea the old days of catching Tuna and Wahoo on the ride home are long gone when het got rid of the 453s, 140hp each, and installed these a few years back. I believe these are over 435hp each.

#15 ·
The boat is a '62 model and he's had it since the early 90's. He's done more work than I would be able to list over the years: Recently he painted it top to bottom, a few years back the interior, a few years prior to that the engines... It's been a work in progress for many years and with it being 48 years old, just a few months younger than Kenny, I'm sure there will be many more "projects".

#19 ·
I dont know kenny personally but i fish with a guy(Frank) that knows him and he keeps his boat(33 Bertram)a couple slips down form him. That being said,

Kenny isa good guy, A friend of mine Curt knows him and Kenny takes him fishing all the time and it sounds like he has taken some other kids/teens. Good job Kenny if you want to take someone or have an extra spot sometime i would like to go. Joe

#22 ·
Kenny has put countless hours into this project and the pictures don't even do it justice! Alot of people have caught their first billfish, cobia, wahoo, tuna, etc. on the Reel McCoy and there is not a nicer guy walking than the mild-mannered Captain McCoy! I know he is proud as he should be. I just hope I'm not the first one to put a gaff mark in it! Congrats buddy, now lets go bloody it up!

#23 ·
big blue (3/10/2010)Kenny has put countless hours into this project and the pictures don't even do it justice! Alot of people have caught their first billfish, cobia, wahoo, tuna, etc. on the Reel McCoy and there is not a nicer guy walking than the mild-mannered Captain McCoy! I know he is proud as he should be. I just hope I'm not the first one to put a gaff mark in it! Congrats buddy, now lets go bloody it up!
John, That was a discussion we were having the other day...and my friend I'm sorry to say you're the odds on favorite at 5:1. I'm proud to say I only put $10 on you as I think gaffs aren't allowed, net only,until blue water fishing..haha

#24 ·
finfever61 (3/10/2010)
big blue (3/10/2010)Kenny has put countless hours into this project and the pictures don't even do it justice! Alot of people have caught their first billfish, cobia, wahoo, tuna, etc. on the Reel McCoy and there is not a nicer guy walking than the mild-mannered Captain McCoy! I know he is proud as he should be. I just hope I'm not the first one to put a gaff mark in it! Congrats buddy, now lets go bloody it up!
John, That was a discussion we were having the other day...and my friend I'm sorry to say you're the odds on favorite at 5:1. I'm proud to say I only put $10 on you as I think gaffs aren't allowed, net only,until blue water fishing..haha
I just want to be there when it happens and see the look on Kenny's face !

Talk about a Kodak moment !

#25 ·
I went by tonight to see it in the slip. Dang Kenny!!!! That old girl looks great!!! I can't wait to see her in the day light!

To add to what others have said,,,,,Kenny is one great fellow! Congrats on the boat Kenny!! We look forward to seeing you out this season,,, missed ya last year!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.