Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone use for reel grease I just finished going through several of my reels with a full overhaul and was wondering what everyone thinks is the best and why. I have some Super Lube clear stuff that I have used for a while. I like the fact that it does not seem very thick. I dont know if there was any grease that is any better than others. Just curious.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Clean the reels after use with Salt-Away. Can be wiped down with Corrosion Block. Use a lithium grease - keep the greases away from the drags, however!!!!

Tight Lines!

·
Registered
624 Posts
for gearing when i overhaul every year i use the penn reel grease on gears and oil on other parts.in my shimano reels i keep grease to a minimum and use shimano reel oil and drag grease.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is a product called reel majic,you can saturate your reel line and all wont bother the fish and your reel will cast 20 yards farther immediatly .Acadamy carries it. You wont be dissapointed.Tight lines

·
Registered
374 Posts
Don't over do it on grease. Use a tooth pick and lightly add some to the gear teeth. Same goes with the oil. A drop goes a long way.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE:letsdrink

1 - 9 of 9 Posts