Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I've only used casting gear from the beach. I picked up an older Peen 114h 6/0 on Ebay & plan to start yaking some baits out. My question is how would you go about spooling it up? I was thinking maybe straight 50lb mono but was also considering a braid / mono topshot combo. I'm also going to check the drag pressure once it's spooled & add new HT-100 washers if it needs them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would go ahead and add the washers, then fill 2/3 with 65lb braid, topped with 50 lb mono. Where are you fishing? Check out http://www.facebook.com/BallisticMarineGroup/ we have an event next weekend on Navarre Beach.

AdrenB,

Is there a certain area at Navarre Beach that will you be fishing. My wife and I are coming down to fish in the Fishing Rodeo next weekend. Thought I might look ya'll up if I have a chance.

·
Registered
400 Posts
First paved access west of Navarre on the national seashore. The event will be posted on most all of the local fishing pages on FB as well. Look forward to seeing yall!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was told in another post that the road was washed out. Maybe they will have it fixed by then. I don't know how bad the damage is.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't live close by, so I'm just going by what was posted when I asked about fishing out that way. I'll be driving down next Friday. Maybe it was just sand washed over the road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts