Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Couldn?t take it any longer and decided to drop the boat in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Blackwater</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">River</st1:placeType></st1:place> today. My 10 year old daughter Madeleine wanted to tag along so momma layered her up and off we went. Dropped the boat in and headed to an area I have fished for the last couple of years and had good success. We fished for a couple of hours marking few fish and absolutely no action. She was getting cold and I convinced her to check one more hole before we headed in. Dropped the trolling motor down and we watched the bottom finder an once again nothing. As I was heading up to grab the trolling motor the fish finder sounded off and we marked two larger fish right on the edge of the hole. Out go the rods and BAM... FISH ON. Drag stars singing and she is holding on. It was a beautiful fight and 5 minutes later we have the fish boat side and in the box. We marked plenty of fish but couldn?t coax another one in the boat. Looking forward to the next trip!<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">

·
Registered
301 Posts
GREAT POST AND PICTURE. THANKS.

CAN YOU TELL US THE QUALITY OF THE WATER IN BLACKWATER?? MUDDY? SIGHTLY MUDDY? GREEN? CLEAR? ETC?

·
Super Moderator
28,501 Posts
Nice-un....glad she got ta share that w/ ya!!! Childhood memories last a lifetime!!!:letsdrink

·
Registered
147 Posts
Congrats Maddie. Good job on getting the old man out fishing. Excellent example of the teacher becoming the student. :poke

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,187 Posts
WOO HOO!!!:clap:clap:bowdown:bowdown

I'm 53 and NEVER caught a Striper!!!

Way to go, fish for dinner!!!

Jim

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,973 Posts
Nice feesh!! And you taught her the "one last cast" lesson.

Questions: Were you tossing artificals or live bait?

Was your fishfinder marking bottom at about 11'+ with fish in it in 20'+ of water? (thermocline sp?)

Reason I'm asking is that we went out on Sat there and we were marking fish in deeper waters at that depth (11-15) and never got a bite on lures or live shrimp. :banghead And, yes, it was cold and windy, we ran to the E river and back just to see if they were biting there..

Trying to figure out if the unit is starting to die.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Well Dad looks like you will have a tag along for life.Can't get much better than that, Nice job Madeleine:bowdown way to out fish Dad!!!!!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the comments. She is still talking non-stop about it. She is definitely looking forward to the next trip.

The water was pretty dirty in the main river but where we were fishing it was slightly stained. The fish ate a smelt jerkshad in about 9' of water coming out of a deep hole.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Great job with the stud Striper. I though only Brant P. could catch those bad boys up there!

Oh, and Dad, you did good on driving the boat, Ha!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts