Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished out of Pen. pass today from 12noon to 3:00pm. Not much going on around turning basin/pass area. Took a left out of pass looking for birds. Found lots from 1/2 to 1 mile off coast guard station. Bonitos mixed in at first and then the reds were on the top most of the time. Double hook ups until we were tired. Sometimes we were looking at a 1/4 acre of gold on top. Between 32 and 44". Caught 1 bonito, many reds. North wind at 12, outgoing tide when we came thru the pass. All caught on stretch 25's in pink and dark blue w/ silver belly but I think a banana peel would have done just as well. The day ended with me holding a red with the boga grip while my buddy was removing stretch hooks. Boga jaws separated from the grip (pin came out) and the stretch hook found my buddies finger on the way down and buried to the bone. After many hours waiting in the emergency roomall is well. Hope the info helps.

Snap

·
Registered
931 Posts
a thread is not worthless without pics the only proof that you need is his word....nice report thanks for the info hope your buddy is better

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
So you are saying the reds were 1/2 to 1 mile out in front of the old coast guard station and not around the pass, just trying to figure out where I need to start looking for them on Friday Thanks for the report and hope your friend Is doing well.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Redfish (11/28/2007)So you are saying the reds were 1/2 to 1 mile out in front of the old coast guard station and not around the pass, just trying to figure out where I need to start looking for them on Friday Thanks for the report and hope your friend Is doing well.

I would start in the pass and then head up the beach, whichever way you like (both directions seem to be holding them), and stay in around 15-25 feet of water. So, I would say anywhere from 1/4 to 1 mile off the beach.

Drag some stretchs til you locate em...but most of all HAVE FUN!!!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Great report. But ow! I know EXACTLY HOW THAT STRETCH HOOK FEELS GOING IN,but hell the coming out is the fun part. But it sure didnt deter me from catchin this one the same hour. Rigth over by Muscogee Wharf.

Emergency room, Ha!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Thank,s I found them inthe pass the last 3 times I was out, just did notwant to waste my time there if they have moved down the Beach or back into the bay, Thanks again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts