Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out Mon. night around the hump of 3 mile, couldnt get any live bait. Used some gulp shrimp, caught some big white trout. Had a few big runs, landed one red,26 3/4 " it was a fat one, 13lbs. All in all good night, till we went to crank the boat. The battery charger lied, had to paddle against the wind and tide trying to get back to 17th boat launch, took us 3 hours but finally made it. Want ever go with only one battery. Oh and sharks took over when we went to using cut bait.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We used a ole digital scale my friends got, maybe off a little, that sucker was fat. I guess it was around 11:00 -11:30 when the sharks came around. Yeah it was a fun trip besides the dead battery.

·
Registered
610 Posts
We caught a few a little further down on a pilling using a jig. There is a big school of just in slot reds on the bridge now. Kings would be fun. Anyone?

·
Registered
290 Posts
well the hand helds do quite well if you ask me. If you have one on the console than thats another issue. I had that one coming though.:doh

·
Registered
261 Posts
Scale was off. I'm sure the rest of us thought the same. A 27" red won't weigh more than 7-8lbs in our area, maybe more or less.

Good catch and nice report. Oh yeah- next time your stuck, throw out the 6/o, hook a big shark and let him pull you around the bay while your waving your hands in the air frantically. Yell 'shark' really loudly and Konz will paddle out and save ya!

·
Banned
910 Posts
bigfishrookie (11/8/2007)

Good catch and nice report. Oh yeah- next time your stuck, throw out the 6/o, hook a big shark and let him pull you around the bay while your waving your hands in the air frantically. Yell 'shark' really loudly and Konz will paddle out and save ya!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts