Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Reds In the pass

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  need2fish 
#1 ·
Well got on the water at 6.30 yesterday headed for the pass at 7.30 fish on ,I was sure It was a nice King because it ran out about 100 yards or more of line,but when I got It close to the boat It was a Big Red,never had a red run that much line out at first bitegot him in and it went 38in , put him back, and went back to trolling at 8.00 we had two on ,after a 15-20 min fight we got them in and both were 35in , trolled a little longer with no luck, went into the bay to check a honey hole got another one he was a arm breaker he went about 30-35 pounds, left and went to the three mile bridge,got a 22in red, 3 mangroves,one small grouper, 1 nice trout and1 nice spanish, I believe thats what you would call a Good Day of Fishing

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Redfish (11/9/2007)Well got on the water at 6.30 yesterday headed for the pass at 7.30 fish on ,I was sure It was a nice King because it ran out about 100 yards or more of line,but when I got It close to the boat It was a Big Red,never had a red run that much line out at first bitegot him in and it went 38in , put him back, and went back to trolling at 8.00 we had two on ,after a 15-20 min fight we got them in and both were 35in , trolled a little longer with no luck, went into the bay to check a honey hole got another one he was a arm breaker he went about 30-35 pounds, left and went to the three mile bridge,got a 22in red, 3 mangroves,one small grouper, 1 nice trout and1 nice spanish, I believe thats what you would call a Good Day of Fishing

Very nice. Were you trolling stretch's? How about over at 3 mile what were you fishing with?

#6 ·
"<<was sure It was a nice King because it ran out about 100 yards or more of line,but when I got It close to the boat It was a Big Red,never had a red run that much line out at first bitegot him in and it went 38in">>

Samething I thought when I hooked on that red friday morning....was yours a male?mine drummed a lot before it was released.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.