Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bottom fishing just after dark w no luck. Kept hearing a slurping sound breaking the water around us. Saw some small blue crabs drift by the boat. Attracted to our lights I guess. Buddy switched over to a pinfish no weight and hooked up on a nice red. Bout that time I see another crab and a big red come up and ate it. That was that weird slurping sound. Not like a lady fish sounds breaking the water. Any how we came off the bottom and started hooking up. Pinfish, shrimp, cut bait whatever. 11 reds just over slot. Couple blue fish.
IMG_20200626_213154.jpg
IMG_20200626_214436_1.jpg
IMG_20200626_221110.jpg
IMG_20200626_230433.jpg
IMG_20200626_213703.jpg

·
Registered
729 Posts
I bet it was fun catching those reds!

I was fishing last week during the night with live pinfish. Frequently had a bump and nothing else. When I reeled in my pinfish had a bit taken out of the rear. This week I again was night fishing and the same thing was happening. Found out what it was when I caught a blue fish. There must be a lot of bluefish in and around Pensacola Bay now.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Some beauties there. Night fishing is fun.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I bet it was fun catching those reds!

I was fishing last week during the night with live pinfish. Frequently had a bump and nothing else. When I reeled in my pinfish had a bit taken out of the rear. This week I again was night fishing and the same thing was happening. Found out what it was when I caught a blue fish. There must be a lot of bluefish in and around Pensacola Bay now.
My little boy and I got into a mess of them a few months back over in Santa Rosa Sound. They are around. Nice reds!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts