Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Gotta give it to ya for the ingenuity! Still have a question for all of you. When lining a spool, even using a dowel, how can the consisitency of the tension be kept? I always am reeling, and BAM! there is a huge let off like a fish just spit the hook while trying to re-line a reel. I've heard if you take an older Mitchell to the tackle store and get it done, it may blow out the spool because of the tight tension. Resaon I ask, I recently made my own, (patent pending lol!) spool holder and my toes still getburnt some. BTW, nice looking rig, now I gotta do some more thinkin'!:banghead :banghead :banghead

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Shiznik, the tension problem is why I built this rig. There is only so much heat from friction that a man's toes or fingers can handle. I put a spring on the bolt holding the spool that allows me to adjust the tensionon the line while re-spooling.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Splittine (11/25/2009)
ironman172 (11/24/2009)
Boatjob1 (11/24/2009)Wow, am I the idiot. I just use a fishing rod and a pencil.:poke Thanks for sharing...... :clap
yes thats the way I do it....and hold the pencil with my toes to also apply pressure to the spool...:)
The bad thing is Bill, when I read your post the image came in my head of you sitting on you recliner holding your rod and a spool of line between your toes.
no real need for any new line right now....but....I sure could take a picture if you would like!!:)

Have you been looking in my window??

·
Super Moderator
27,931 Posts
Way ta work it......I consider myself an excellent engineer, but my fishing line do'r is a fishing pole, and a bucket:letsdrink

21 - 24 of 24 Posts