Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of making a trip this summer to Louisiana to try for reds on their grass flats and am wanting information. What I am looking for is lodging, not necessarily a fish camp (depending on price) but possibly even a hotel close to the the flats and boat launch. What I require is simply a place to lay my head when sleeping, no frills as we will only be in the room to sleep. I am<U>NOT</U> looking for a guided trip, just a place that is known to have reds and specs, and a place to sleep, something that wont break the bank. Any ideas ?????

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Let Me Know if I can Go, I have 2 Capt's over there that order from me a Couple times a Year and Stop By when they are In town and they always tell me If I want to come over and Fish the Trip is Free so we could have a Guide to help put us on some Fish and It won't cost a Dime Let me Know and I'll get with them Asap Hows the Boat coming along???

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Chris Phillips (1/5/2010)I would go to Hopedale / Delacroix area. There is a great reasonableplace to stay in Delacroix (delacrojoes.com). Just let me know when your going and I'll give you all the spots you need to catch plenty of fish.

+1 on the hopedale area...lots and lots of quality fish there...i would also suggest talking to some of the regulars over there becasue there are some places over there that if not careful you will be high and dry on a outgoing tide...make sure to take a ducks foot or some kind of push pole also becasue you will need it

·
Registered
895 Posts
Can't go wrong with Leeville either, been going there two or three times a year and it's just covered up in Redfish. In fact I'm going the last week of this month

1 - 6 of 6 Posts