Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well...we got a late start on tuesday. weather was great so we decided to head to the gulf and look for slot redfish along the beach .

after just a couple of 100 yards we spot a school of about 100 fish. Tony makes a nice cast in front of school and before he can turn his bell over BAM he is on...

after boating this fish we find the school again and this time tommie connects on the biggest of the bunch only to have the line break...dang!!!!

we saw several more singles with no takers. we moved into the bay and found birds by the hundreds. after about 20 minutes of drowning a gulp Tony is hooked up and being spolled quickly...

after a long battle Tony is rewarded with a nice redfish...

we find the birds again and the water just explodes with redfish on top. then the slaughter begins...

tommie with a nice 20lb red...

tony with the last redfish of the day...

the sun was setting and it was a nice ride home as we left the fish bitting!

today manny and the boys came out of the north cut with gulps rigged up and redfish already striking on the top.

Nolan who is 5 had an ultralite rod. i made a cast into the water which had become a foam of red with exploding redfish. handed the rod to Nolan and he jerked his rod tip once and the fight was on...after about 20 minutes of fighting and help from his brother levee he boated this monster redfish of 26lbs!

now tell me do you think nolan is a happy little angler today?

the reds were exploding all over the bay. we picked out another school and we had grandad Ivan try his luck...BAM he is on...

after alittle fight...

grand dad lands his first red...

I van says he would like to do that again so i say...ok...

ivan has his second fish in the boat...

well the day would not be complete with out a stud caught by dad...

and that is how we ended the day!!!

Who would want to live in any other place in the world?

tight lines and great adventures!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts