Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Indiana Jones
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the beach by the passs again last night with drnelson13 and landed a ton of bull reds, all caught on cut mullet or live spot. No slots or sharks tonight but the bulls kept us plenty satisfied :thumbup:

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Dang, man! Im can not wait to get out there tomorrow night. Now im excited, got me jonesin'. Looks like you guys caught some nice bulls. I love rippin them bulls. I will be out there around 7 pm in the pass. Nice report, Cornflake. O*D*W

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,525 Posts
And those are GREAT pics

iPhone or something else?

Jim

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
And those are GREAT pics

iPhone or something else?

Jim
Yea but pictures don't last in hot grease. They need to change the limet and allow 1 over slot. When all you catch is under and over slot than you have nothing. What a joke.

·
Indiana Jones
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! Its a Casio, im not exactly sure which mode. @DMC l honestly I could care less if they allow you to keep a bull because their meat gets nasty when they're that size anyways. I prefer fishing for the sport, meat is just a bonus :thumbsup: But if you want slot reds, there are plenty of them out their too...I got two on Wednesday night

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yea but pictures don't last in hot grease. They need to change the limet and allow 1 over slot. When all you catch is under and over slot than you have nothing. What a joke.

yeah me and Cornflake never keep stuff, we always let it go. I don't even remember the last time we kept something other than the Bull Shark I got a couple weeks back(pic below). Throw em back and let em get even bigger:thumbsup: just keep throwing out big bait and you'll get big fish...in theory. But yeah, sometimes having the limits for how big you can have something is pretty weird...I don't know the reason, I'm sure others do, but my theory is that they want the big fish to pass their genes on to as many other fish as possible in hoping that the offspring of that will be bigger and overtime the fish will keep getting bigger and bigger till they're monsters haha (I'm probably wayyy wrong but who knows, I'd love to know the real answer if anyone knows it)

·
Indiana Jones
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its because redfish dont start producing eggs until there mature bulls

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Thank you! Its a Casio, im not exactly sure which mode. @DMC l honestly I could care less if they allow you to keep a bull because their meat gets nasty when they're that size anyways. I prefer fishing for the sport, meat is just a bonus :thumbsup: But if you want slot reds, there are plenty of them out their too...I got two on Wednesday night

I agree with you about the eating of a bull red,but one 28in to 30in is not a bull. Also if there were a lot of them out there the amount you could keep would be more than two. I also enjoy fishing but I also enjoying eating them. Heck I have a 60 gal tank with oscars in it that I can catch for sport.
By the way they are nice fish and a blast to catch.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Well somebody is taking the sport out of that spot you were at, not to mention the breeders. There were about 3 Bull Red caracass out there this morning that were'nt their last night. I can't wait to see the argument that insues from our friendly forum oceanographers and marine biologist after my comment. Either way its a damn shame they won't be around to fight another day.

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Well somebody is taking the sport out of that spot you were at, not to mention the breeders. There were about 3 Bull Red caracass out there this morning that were'nt their last night. I can't wait to see the argument that insues from our friendly forum oceanographers and marine biologist after my comment. Either way its a damn shame they won't be around to fight another day.

Are you insinuating that maybe Cornflake had something to do with that? I dont understand your comment. I hate seeing dead fish. And by carcasses, do you mean they were filleted, or just dead whole fish? Ive been seeing a lot of posts in regards to keeping one over slot fish, or eating bulls. I think someone even said how you tend to only catch over or under fish. I guess thats what makes fishing a SPORT. If we could keep anything we catch, fishing would be no different than picking fruit from a tree or field. Turn on ESPN, and watch the 'National Apple Picking Championship'. Lol. We need Regulations. Without them, we will exterminate every living thing. But, I dont agree with Sector Separation or with NOAA or NMSF in regarding Red Snapper. O*D*W

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well I can promise you that Cornflake and I did not do it. We haven't been out since the night that this thread started. And even if we had been out, we would have never done this. This is a terrible thing to do and whoever the a**hole is that did this needs to find a new sport. There is a reason for the regulations as O*D*W said. If all you're out there is to catch stuff to eat, then you need to stop and pick apples. Who even wants to keep a bull? they taste nasty when they're that big and they get worms real easy. Thanks whoever decided to take fish out of the water and not let anybody else have a great time catching them. Seatmech86, about how big were they too? Were they even close to being slot? It's a little different if they were almost slot and maybe they didn't have a ruler or something, but if they're monsters that's absolutely ridiculous. If they're like 28-30 inches then it's a little more understandable because they may have just been going off of looks or something because they don't have a ruler. Regardless though, they are a disgrace to the sport and definitely need FWC to be all over them. Were they in the water or just on the beach?

·
Indiana Jones
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You trying to accuse me? haha bud I dont kill bull reds, If you do a little research into my post history I actually advocate against the debate to get a bull red tag in florida.

·
Registered
325 Posts
No not accusing, just tagged it on becuse I recognized the spot you were at. They were filleted and they were pretty close to being around 35" in length. I like to eat Reds and I want my children and decendants then on to enjoy them so I do believe in moderation and conservation of the species.

This was not to get folks riled up, basicaly just the ugly side of a fishing report.

·
Indiana Jones
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There are hundreds of people that fish that spot..its a public spot and I fish for sport not food anyways but yeah I went there this afternoon fishing and I saw some of the remains you were talking about, found the side of a redfish on the grass stuff

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have seen many of people in the AM run real quick around the back way and then come back and hurry off....cant wait till the man finally meets them at thier vehicle. BTW I was there tonight caught some decent sail cats and one slot but what is up with all of those flounder guys right up on the shore almost cut my lines...dont they know of the bouys they cant pass and be near the base...
oh well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have seen many of people in the AM run real quick around the back way and then come back and hurry off....cant wait till the man finally meets them at thier vehicle. BTW I was there tonight caught some decent sail cats and one slot but what is up with all of those flounder guys right up on the shore almost cut my lines...dont they know of the bouys they cant pass and be near the base...
oh well.
YESSS those flounder giggers are a pain!:mad: When me and Cornflake were out there both times, they come right past our lines...like they go right in front of us. My line was stuck in one of their motors for a bit too, and they didn't even acknowledge it. I had to get it out myself while they were moving away. But I got it and caught a bull red without even having to recast!1!:thumbup:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ha some jack A$$ where right in front of me and I was like seriously im fighting a fish get the hell away..then they said wheres your line..after a few choice words and my invitation to come on the land to finish on convo they told me they were looking for the sand bar...dumba$$es..the sandbar is not the beach....uggghh needless to say i am probably not going to fish there at night or if I do ill be sure to hint in the security about what they are doing.
YESSS those flounder giggers are a pain!:mad: When me and Cornflake were out there both times, they come right past our lines...like they go right in front of us. My line was stuck in one of their motors for a bit too, and they didn't even acknowledge it. I had to get it out myself while they were moving away. But I got it and caught a bull red without even having to recast!1!:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts