Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me some advice on how to get a redfish on a plate.I hear people talking about catching reds all over the place where I live but I have only caught undersize fish.I live on the east bay and fish the bridge, the north side by the yellow river and pretty much anywhere that I have been told the reds are and not much luck at all.What do I use for bait and when ,HELP!!!!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The aren't many reds in that area right now. You might catch one or two scattered but the reports you were seeing from that areawere all from the cooler months. During the cooler months you will find large schools of reds in that area but right now your best bet would be to fish santa rosa sound and other places where the bait is more plentiful. Ive had plenty of days in the winter and fall where i have caught 20 plus slot fish in east bay and blackwater bay. Right now you will be lucky to catch one or two unless you really no that area well.

Brant Peacher
tackle rep

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks guys , I have been useing gulp everything and had pretty good luck with all of it. I am going to try the crabs in the sound this weekend if it's to rough in the gulf to go offshore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts