Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts

As for cleaning Redfish...its not hard if u have the tools and technique. Next timeI filet one I'll take some pics and post my way of doing it. Doesn't mean my way is the right way, but it works for me and I certainly have plentyof experience!

tools..... I bought a Rapala AC/DC electric knife. It does agood job on Reds and great job on trout and kings. I think it was around $50 great time saver.

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
I hate electric knives for cleaning reds, its not "meat" efficient, but thats just my opinion. guess i'm old school! I have 2 of them and never use them!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ok...well now that it is over...

I went to a partners of industry meeting at the Orange Beach Visitors Bureau yesterday. I was asked to cater the lunch. The good news was that I addressed the group on whats going on in regards to fishing and our rights and told them to all FIND A GROUP THAT IS FIGHTING THIS AND JOIN. I did not suggest one group but told them to come on this website and do some lurking as well as google all the stuff going on...ANyWAY...

The Bull red won hands down....all three fish were marinated in Italian dressing with a cajun seasoning that I added. This started as just serving bull red and I knew Italian would work for breaking down the gaminess and the connective tissue. Anyway people thought it was every good fish in the ocean but redfish.

A note...I catered an entirely different lunch. The fish was a demoso beforeI get flamed for profiting from fish I catch myself...I wanted to add that.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ok...well now that it is over...

I went to a partners of industry meeting at the Orange Beach Visitors Bureau yesterday. I was asked to cater the lunch. The good news was that I addressed the group on whats going on in regards to fishing and our rights and told them to all FIND A GROUP THAT IS FIGHTING THIS AND JOIN. I did not suggest one group but told them to come on this website and do some lurking as well as google all the stuff going on...ANyWAY...

The Bull red won hands down....all three fish were marinated in Italian dressing with a cajun seasoning that I added. This started as just serving bull red and I knew Italian would work for breaking down the gaminess and the connective tissue. Anyway people thought it was every good fish in the ocean but redfish.

A note...I catered an entirely different lunch. The fish was a demoso beforeI get flamed for profiting from fish I catch myself...I wanted to add that.

·
Registered
337 Posts
electric knives aren't allowed in a fish house fora reason....worked in a fish house since a pup and got too god with a dexter..... as for a bull red.... chris im gonna have to introduce you to a cuvvian.. (cajun dish) and mark mead made some jerky out of the other half of this one.

this is me and my baby girl with her red.... half was blackend with spicyorange marmalade with dressed up

rice pelof and something else

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
badazzchef (11/6/2009)Ok...well now that it is over...

Thanks for posting the results, that's interesting. Also glad i missed whatever drama was deleted; I saw it starting this morning, and decided to ignore it!

I'd be very interested in other cooking comparisons like this, keep it up!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts