Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever heard of this in the Mexia area....... Got trail cam pics but can't be sure

·
Bearded Brotula
13,144 Posts
It would be extremely rare, but possible. The closest wild pack of them is on St. Vincents Island. Other than that the next closest wild pack is probably North or South Carolina.

·
Registered
781 Posts
wolf

PMath1, you might have better luck waiting on #3 to post them for you. You are asking a lot out of #2. Plus i'm sure he worked hard all day. :laughing:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
P3 didn't put the pics on my IPad........ After loading them on his Dad's, he dumped the card
We were after 11pm finishing up getting all the cams out last nite

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
That definitely doesn't look like a coyote. Without seeing the face, I am guessing wolf. That's scary as heck knowing they're out there, and where there is one, there are more.

·
Bearded Brotula
13,144 Posts
coydog

·
Bearded Brotula
13,144 Posts
What are you feeding your coyotes? I've never seen one that big bodied to me, and the head looks too bulky to be a coyote.
He's not that big. and he's holding something in his mouth.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I have seen 2 of those in Blackwater. One by itself and the other with a yote. He was twice the size of the yote and I would guess in the 60-70lb range. Both during archery or I'd have a pic for you. North of hwy4 in the dog running section and near the bama line

Looking at your pic again, the ones I saw have more white on them on the belly, face and inner ear.

·
Bearded Brotula
13,144 Posts
He just has a darker coat like sleeping beauty here.

Attachments

·
Registered
586 Posts
It is possible that it is a wolf, though more likely a coyote or a coy-dog. Rumor has it coy-dogs are occurring in the wild. Almost have to do a necropsy to be sure.

A wolf attack on humans is extremely rare to possibly never, so nothing to fear if it is a wolf.

Full grown water ever it is.

·
Bearded Brotula
13,144 Posts
This is a few years back, I was 5'10" and 215 lbs.

Just sayin' that the blind isn't that big.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 63 Posts