Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Red Snapper can still be caught in August on Friday and the weekends according to the FWC site. Copied from the Site and link to it below.

The 39-day season in Gulf state and federal waters is open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from Friday, June 16, through Monday, Sept. 4. Also included are Monday and Tuesday, July 3 and 4, and Monday, Sept. 4.
This is the longest Gulf federal red snapper season since 2013. State waters will also remain open June 15 and beginning Monday, June 19, will close Mondays through Thursdays through Sept. 3, except July 3 and 4 and Sept. 4.

http://www.myfwc.com/fishing/saltwater/recreational/snappers/

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew that but my crew usually likes the beach first day or so that puts me fishing on Monday or so if I arrive late saturday

·
eating tasty
3,746 Posts
If you want to target mingos exclusively you need to run much farther. To the area of natural bottom known as the edge. Fish in 180-250 ft of water and use squid on two hook rigs with small circle hooks. If you fish wrecks or artificial reefs in closer and shallower waters you will not be able to get away from red snapper. Hope this helps.

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,537 Posts
Red Snapper can still be caught in August on Friday and the weekends according to the FWC site. Copied from the Site and link to it below.

The 39-day season in Gulf state and federal waters is open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from Friday, June 16, through Monday, Sept. 4. Also included are Monday and Tuesday, July 3 and 4, and Monday, Sept. 4.
This is the longest Gulf federal red snapper season since 2013. State waters will also remain open June 15 and beginning Monday, June 19, will close Mondays through Thursdays through Sept. 3, except July 3 and 4 and Sept. 4.

http://www.myfwc.com/fishing/saltwater/recreational/snappers/

Thank you for that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts