Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out this morning and dead fish everywhere, worse than a few weeks back. Is this the result of it or is it still here??

Any idea on when it will flush out, I figured with all the rain and north winds it would have dissipated.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Same problem last night between Hurlburt and Navarre. I don't live here anymore so it's hard to keep up on local info. If anyone knows the extent of the red-tide and could fill me in I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I fished in the pass and Destin harbor this morning on a high tide and the water was as clear as I have seen it in a month. No fish caught but did see a lot of fast boats.:usaflag

·
Registered
42 Posts
Fished Destin pass area on saturday and caught a handfull of bluefish and a nice pompano off the end of the west jetty. Headed down the beach to the west running on ladyfish tearing up bait pods and caught a few on light tackle. As I was heading back into the pass I saw a LOT of dead fishfloating with the outgoign tide. By the time I got under the bridge and up to the Coast Guard station, it was a steady line of dead fish (mullet, pin fish, croaker, black drum and flounders) and I mean hundreds of them. The water wasnastya nasty brownish red colorand smelled bad also.

I think there is still a bunch of red tide in the Destin area, no matter what the reports are saying.

Hopefully it will clear up soon and not kill the flounder fishing coming up as the temps fall and they start moving out.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Everyone hoped the red tide had left with the rain and cool weather near the end of Oct. but Cinco Bayou seemed to be hit with the re-occurance first about a week ago. The main Choctawhatchee Bay area west of Mid Bay has a pretty good dose of it. Yesterday I saw huge rafts of dead fish, mullet, bull reds, eels, chofers, etc. near crab island and in the pass. The day before we hammered the reds and blues at the bridge but it did not look like the right place to be fishing yesterday. We ran from the boatyard inLa Grange bayou back to Destin. The bayou was full of life, pogies and mullet but as we went west we began to see floaters and dying fish. The red tide definately is not gone but we can always hope.

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Iwas at Little Sabine yesterday checking on my condo, noticed a few dead mullet floating around. There appeared to small bait life, but I thought the dead fish was odd in that location.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts