Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm dying to get out there and do some bottom bumping before the 31st. Does anyone know the latest on the Red Tide conditions in Pensacola?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Went through the bay, and down the ICW on Sunday.Near the pass there were dead fish everywhere. The smell was real bad too. I haven't been fishing from a boat here long, but there was more junk in the water than I've ever seen, from these storms I guess. Just east of the lighthouse there was a green buoy just visible, looks like it got taken to deeper water. I saw a large tree, and some other large items, who knows what I missed. Oh and my back still hurts from the pounding the BAY gave me. Most of the dead looked like mullet.

·
Registered
296 Posts
went out friday and saturday night. Headed out to the green hole on saturday night and got about four miles offshore and got water in the fuel line. Anyways didn't see any signs of red tide.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I was surfing yesterday along Pensacola beach and never saw or smelled any signs that it was around. The guy at the pier said it was all gone by Saturday morning. I can't really comment on anything offshore but the wind has been blowing from the North so hopefully it was blown out and disipated. I guess as far as inshore, we'll just have to wait for the currents to take it or the temperature to drop to kill it off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
speaking of red tide does anyone know if the crabs are okay to eat???? i have a trap out on my dock with a few crabs in it but dont know if the crabs are edible or not with the red tide being around, i wouldnt think so.. but who knows?

EDIT: well i just let them go, seeing all these dead fish float by and the smell just makes me not hungry anymore.. plus im not trying to get sick!!!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's thursday morning 10/25. My dad is coming in from St. Louis for some fishing this weekend. Any recent reports on the Red Tide?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Here in Orange beach it was really bad back on Sunday, but since the front moved through its gone and the last couple days there has been no sign of it. Probably 'cause of the north winds. Hopefully its moving on out finally

1 - 8 of 8 Posts