Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"hello , hihon, where are you"...oh %$#@ it was my wife when she called....man I was out in the water already... had to check this red tide everyone is talking about. So headed out to the sound in Navarre and wked. my wayeast to the shallows for some bait. Got some pins, finger mullet and some bull minnows....so ..hell this red tide is not affecting the baitI said to my self.. water was moving out fast and the wind ....man..the wind was kicking from the east kinda hard.....so kept going east to some deeper holes....rigged a pinfish on a 8 lb red braided line and you know whats next...fish on!!!.....it was that fast... whenI realized far in the distance a red blanket deal...looked like power steering fluid for a minute...but thenI said.///no way....that can't be...that's when my encounter with this red like water came alive to my eyes...(not that brackish kind but very red instead) looked around and saw a mullet floating belly up....I was impressed I had a fish on ....looking red everywhere.......I thoughtI was in hollywood Red carpet night....

So released the 18 inch red and kept trying.....nothing for the rest hr. or so....so moved west some more....and bang hooked a flouder 12 incher on a bullminow.....cool I thought....let him go.. 20 mnts later I hooked on something BIG.....oh ^%$# kinda made me jump like a freaking cat in a doghouse.....tried to work 'm out...and guess what.....hook was to small for the beast...bent it out and gone he was......wow!!! what a rush.....so over all i t was a good day.... to see the red tide deal andcatching some fish on top of that....hey.... there is fish out there....don't let that red tide slow you down.....

Good luck.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Nice report. I was out Saturday and the coast was covered with dead fish, NAS side the water was ok, alittle cloudy. Tried pickens and the Red Tide was everywhere and dead fish floating.

Thanks for the post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts