Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out for God-only-knows-why from 10 to 2 last night. I've never seen such a big fish-kill! There were carcasses of every kind and size everywhere. Hardly a live fish to be found anywhere, except about 1 mile east of the Pass we found HUGE schools of baitfish. We fished Pensacola Pass, Sand Island, Ft Pickins and East about 1 mile, and Big Lagoon across from the two high-rises. Yuck!

Doug

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the Pass. I have company and was thinking about it for Sunday. We probably should stay away from there. We caught 4 slot reds and a flounder in Santa Rosa sound today. You might try that rather than the pass if you are going out again.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I took my wife and daughtersfrom the Blackwater River to the Pensacola Pass today (Saturday). Along the shore of Fort Pickens the water was actually blood redout for thefirst few yards. Hundreds of floating dead fish from the pass to the Coast Guard station. Quiet water was clean so grabbed lunch at Flounder's. Never even wet a line. The chop subsided and we had a smooth ride back to Bagdad. Sun was setting behind us. We sure live in a beautiful part of the country!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts