Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for my daily walk at Sanders Beach today. Glanced down in the water at the ramp and saw 5 red snapper, freshly filleted. WTF. Someone must have caught these fish recently as they still were intact. One of the fish even looked under size.

·
Banned
910 Posts
:nonono:looser

Unfortunatley some of our fellow fisherman just don't care. It happens alot. Whether or not you agree with the regs you should still follow them.

Too bad you couldn't catch them doing it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
people that choose to do that will eventually get caught. Just a matter of time and it will come back on 'em. You play with fire and eventually you get burned:blownaway

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
No respect for the law or our fishery I would call it no matter what side of the fence your throwing stones from. Makes everyone look bad!!!!!!!!!!!:hoppingmad

·
Registered
747 Posts
was on a walk with my nephew and on pickens and there is dead snapper and plenty of other kinds of fish lying all over the beach from the red tide. alot of these fish look fileted but i know the birds pick them clean. i am not saying someone didn't do the deed ,lets hope maybe its from the red tide and the birds. if not:banghead

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As much as I would want to believe, these were not a result of red tide. 5 snapper laying next to each other in 4" of water, nicely filleted. Besides, I have not seen red tide fish on the north side of the bay before. The 3" finger mullet were having a feast on what was left. These fish had to be filleted right in front of the ramp for them to be so tightly arranged. Would have been nice to catch them in the act, as they do give the rest of us a bad name.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Take pictures with my digital camera, record boat, trailer and truck licenses and call FWC, police, etc. I wouldn't think it would be a good idea to confront people that have initially broken the law already, hard to tell what else they would be capable of doing. Unless of course I was with Clay-Doh and his 8' speargun, then maybe I would ask just what the hell they were doing...:shedevil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts